People You Miss

Risky

i wasnt using depression as a "crutch" thankyou very much. and ive had it checked out by a doctor so im not just saying i have depression cause i feel sad. and if you have ever had depression then you would realise how hard it is to just get up out of bed in the morning let alone go for a walk or buy a freakin dog(besides i already have a family dog). if you think im looking for sympathy then you would be complety mistaken. and im sorry that im making you angry, i never meant to.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, that would be me... :cool: I use the word "hormones" very often to explain why I'm glad :laughing: But no problemo, Radhi is my friend... :cool:

Risky, I don´t think you' re depressed, we've all been your age and I lived under quite similar circumstances... friends leaving. I even lost my younger brother, which was like the end of the world for me.

Yet I didn' t get a "depression". Being very sad is quite nomal. Being depressed would need doctors' advice.

Musical Interlude

Some things in life are bad

They can really make you mad

Other things just make you swear and curse.

When you're chewing on life's gristle

Don't grumble, give a whistle

And this'll help things turn out for the best...

And...always look on the bright side of life...

Always look on the light side of life...

If life seems jolly rotten

There's something you've forgotten

And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.

When you're feeling in the dumps

Don't be silly chumps

Just purse your lips and whistle - that's the thing.

And...always look on the bright side of life...

Always look on the light side of life...

For life is quite absurd

And death's the final word

You must always face the curtain with a bow.

Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin

Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

So always look on the bright side of death

Just before you draw your terminal breath

Life's a piece of *******

When you look at it

Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true.

You'll see it's all a show

Keep 'em laughing as you go

Just remember that the last laugh is on you.

And always look on the bright side of life...

Always look on the right side of life...

(Come on guys, cheer up!)

Always look on the bright side of life...

(Worse things happen at sea, you know.)

(I mean - what have you got to lose?)

(You know, you come from nothing - you're going back to nothing.

What have you lost? Nothing!)

Always look on the right side of life...

Been there. I can sympathize. When I got divorced, there was a period of about 3 months when I could barely function. My doctor gave me a written test to figure out if I was suicidal. I wasn't. He gave me Xanax.

Ultimately, it was the love, understanding, and loyalty of good friends and family that got me through it. Now I couldn't be happier in life. :)

I've been reading this book for my thesis that talks about how medical practitioners have mutually beneficial tie ups with drug companies so they can push their products on their clients/patients as their case may be implying more money for both parties and more reason for the poor patients to develop 'depression' - which, by the way, is seen to be most reliably treated with electro-convulsive therapy. Antidepressants have been linked to an increase in suicidal tendencies and antidepressants may come in the form of SSRI-inhibitors as well as SSRI-enhancers which leads one to consider that maybe, just maybe, SSRI isn't what's causing the depression in the first place. Also, the period immediately following a bereavement doesn't count as depression unless the grieving lasts longer than 6 months with more 'low' days than not, and no manic episodes at all.

Phew, that's my third chapter in condensed form right there.

bah I am sleepy, my scientificness is not working, I'll use human language - I learnt that antidepressants can either increase or decrease the amount of serotonin in you which is a bit contradictory and makes you wonder if serotonin is responsible for the dern 'disorder' at all.

In other news, it should be illegal to tell people they're depressed, because once 'diagnosed' (psht) they seem to enjoy showing it off. Is muchos fun to be a victim.

Bobby. Someone I loved and cared for very much who died a few years ago. There are days when all I think about is him and then there are days when I don't think about him at all. There's no rhyme or reason to it.

I've never been depressed about it or too melancholy, I know he'd hate it. He always told me I was beautiful when I smiled, so I make it my mission to smile as much every day as I can. :)

In other news, it should be illegal to tell people they're depressed, because once 'diagnosed' (psht) they seem to enjoy showing it off. Is muchos fun to be a victim.

As tough as it sounds, I must say that I somehow agree with you... trouble is I've known so many "victims" and there has nothing that I/we could do for them. They´re no longer here, they died after unhappy and short lives. I/we loved them so but couldn´t cope with their depression. Not only they enjoed their role as victims but they also would have loved to sink with me/us.

I wish I could have helped...

• 4 months later...

I just found out my Uncle Augie passed away....He and my dad were very close. The night my dad passed away, Uncle Augie was right by his side along with me and my sister. That night he told me how my mother and father met each other, and that he was the one who got them together...this I never knew till then. Uncle Augie was one heck of a guy, and I will miss him very much....