People You Miss

Risky

I miss my all of my friends that are back in Brisbane. I miss my best friend, Lachlan, who has always been there for me. But the person i miss most of all is Laura, the person i love most in the whole world. I miss her smile and laugh and i miss just being able to talk to her.

I wish i had never had to leave. It's so hard to get through the day sometimes. I miss you guys :'(

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least you´re in Australia... you can see your friends sometimes... and you can email, skype, phone, messenger, etc... :)you make new friends and you keep in touch with the old ones

Most of my school friends were there for a couple of years or so... I know, it can be hard sometimes.

yeah it is sometimes.

im trying to keep a long distance relationship with my girlfriend but i can feel she is starting to pull away. im so stupid i cry myself to sleep every single night. she tells me to look at the positive things on life, and i do try, but i mostly end up getting all sad.

Talk to your parents and see about maybe going back for a visit. I'm sure your best friend in Brisbane would let you stay with him for a few days ;)

You sound very depressed and I agree with your girlfriend. Try to find the positives.

yeah your right. my girl has always been a sensible person, even more so considering that she is a teenager.

i guess i am depressed. mostly i keep it in to myself but sometimes i just let it all out, like right now.

See, sometimes stuff like that seems like the end of the world. It's not. Your long-distance relationship may or may not work, but moping doesn't help in the long run. See your friends, get some studying done... feeling sorry for yourself only makes things worse.

Awww sweetie. Life's tough y'know? Of course you miss those people, that's what makes love (any sort of love) so hard .... sometimes it goes away. Not because we want it to, and not because of anything someone did, it's just the way of life.

Stay in touch with Laura, and your other friends you've left behind, but don't forget to make room for new friends and love's as well. If you don't you might miss something (or someone) really great. Remember to be open to new people and experiences.

As much as I hate to say it, if you feel Laura pulling way, it's not because she cares any less sweetheart, it's just the natural order of things. It would not be natural for two 14 year olds to fall into love, and remain in love forever .... as nice as it sounds life doesn't happen that way. Take the good memories and experiences you've had with Laura, hold them close to your heart, and go out and make new ones. Hard as it sounds, it the way of the world sweetie.

Can I mention who I miss? Aaron.

yeah your right. my girl has always been a sensible person, even more so considering that she is a teenager.

i guess i am depressed. mostly i keep it in to myself but sometimes i just let it all out, like right now.

It's quite good to let it out once in a while, and an anonymous message board is as good a place as any. Let it out, then take a deep breath, anf go on. Truly, it's what your sensible girlfriend would tell you.

yeah your probly right Lucky.

this is going to sound silly, considering that you are 40 years older than me and therefor have far superior experience in life than myself, but even though i am so youthful and have many years ahead of me, i feel tired and weary on the inside as though ive lived a full life.

Things happen for a reason and you need to remember, every time one door closes a one opens up and you never know whats going to happen tomorrow.

If you get to depressed and keep to yourself to much you might miss it. Your only 15 and have lots of fun memories to look forward to :D

yeah i know, your absolutely right. i have my life ahead of me and i need to get on with it. but i cant stop myself from thinking about her all the time. and im constantly worried about her.

i feel ive let her down. she needs me now and i cant be there to give her the support she needs. she has had quite a traumatic life. her father was a drunk and used to abuse her and her mum. she has moved several times. she has had some abusive boyfriends. and she still needs support, support that cant only be over the phone or on msn.

yeah your probly right Lucky.

this is going to sound silly, considering that you are 40 years older than me and therefor have far superior experience in life than myself,

:mad: Beg pardon? That would be 37 years, don'tcha know. Don't make me any older than I already am! :D

And far superior?? Don't count on it. The older that you get the tougher that lifes' experiences get. Sweetie I've fairly recently been through some stuff you'd never believe .... left loved ones behind, the whole bit. As much as it hurt, life does go on. And at some point, when you least expect it to, it actually gets better. ;)

Risky, you sound like a very thoughtful kid, one that I would be proud to know. Sounds as though Laura has had a tough life, but through it all, has kept a good head on her shoulders. If she has that many awful problems, it seems that the support you can give, is actually dome pretty well over the phone. 'Cause for some of those things it sounds as though maybe you should be encouraging her to get some adult help. Face it, at 15 all you can really do is provide moral support. Maybe you need to help her locate a good and understanding adult that is in a position to acually do something about some of her troubles?

Edited by Guest

Well, at least you found some wise people like Fin, Lea and Lucky... ;)

Of course, at 15 I would understand things but advice and understanding wouldn´t help neither... so try to enjoy new friends, music, life in general... there must be things that make you happy... you can talk to your friends and girlfriend on the phone, you are in touch with them... believe us, time will heal your pain. Very soon. Wanna bet? :shades:

Risky, we all miss some beloved ones...

Hey, Risky! How about Facebook to keep in touch with your friends? All the cool kids are using it. Or maybe you could invite your friends to join SongFacts' forum. :D If that doesn't work, you could write poetry and become the next Edgar Allan Poe... the world needs another Poe.

You'll make new friends. School's about to be out, so maybe you could throw a giant beach partay and invite your old and new friends. Any kind of party really, I just hear that Australia has great beaches.

Hey, Risky! How about Facebook to keep in touch with your friends? All the cool kids are using it. Or maybe you could invite your friends to join SongFacts' forum. :D If that doesn't work, you could write poetry and become the next Edgar Allan Poe... the world needs another Poe.

You'll make new friends. School's about to be out, so maybe you could throw a giant beach partay and invite your old and new friends. Any kind of party really, I just hear that Australia has great beaches.

haha we do have good beaches. and i have been writing a bit of poetry.

take a look at it and tell me what you think:

Absent Abroad

You will feel better after awhile. You will make new friends and find a way to keep in contact with the others. Consider yourself lucky to have had such a cool and wise before her time gf. Better to have loved then lost and all that stuff. Without having the bad times, the good times seem less special.

Had enough of my spouting cliches?!

:/

Do not use a mental disorder as a crutch. Get off the meds and go for a walk in the park. Pet a puppy. It sounds apathetically, insensitively simple, but it's true. The worst thing you can do is fling a diagnosis out to the internets and hope for sympathy while simultaneously using it as a excuse to avoid 'dealing with this stuff'.

Also, you're a teenager, your 'depression' is more likely to be hormones. I do not like how easily that word is thrown around, it makes me angry.