Passion Pit

Levis

Passion Pit rocks! I prefer their 2008 EP "Chunk of Change" a bit over Manners though, mostly because I want to seem really cool but also because it seemed a bit more unique. The EP wasn't meant to be heard by the masses, it was just this guy's valentine's day present to his girlfriend.

But yeah, Passion Pit, they are really good. So far "Manners" is in my top 5 of 2009.

• 1 month later...

Totally changed my opinion since the last time I posted in this thread, but now I very much prefer the album. In my opinion, the EP kind of loses its effect too quickly. I mean, it wasn't really built to last. The band (at the time just one man) didn't think too many people would hear it (as previously mentioned, he made it for his girlfriend as a valentine's day present). Now that PP is a full band, and they know a ton of people are listening to them, you can just tell they are trying a lot harder. They put a lot more effort into the album than the EP. I also disagree with Levis in that I think the songs on the EP are more samey sounding than the songs on the LP. Not that either one really suffers from repetetiveness in my opinion.

Probably worth checking out both though. Most people don't like the EP and LP equally. Everyone I know seems to have a really strong preference towards one or the other.

• 4 weeks later...

Really? That is weird! I found Swimming in the Flood much more universally accessible, probably because it ALSO deviates from this 'sameness' that I keep going on about. Which might just be my imagination since here's another song that's different.