Songs that are hard not to like.

bazooka

Despite whatever kind of music is your favorite, there are certain songs that are just done so well in some way that makes them undeniably enjoyable. Here is a selection of songs that seem pretty much 'hate-proof' to me.

Just about anything by Fats Domino ( I'm Ready, Blue Monday, I'm Gonna Be A Wheel Someday, etc.). Fats obviously has so much fun playing and singing that it just rubs off on you.

Early stuff by Elvis (One Night, Heartbreak Hotel). Great style and backup musicians.

Peggy Lee's version of Fever. I don't care much for jazz singing in general or other songs by the late Miss Lee, but this one makes you take notice. Other covers of this song can't compare.

House Of The Rising Sun by the Animals, Wild Night by Van Morrison, Superstition by Stevie Wonder. If you can't stand these songs, I'd be surprised extremely and interested to know why.

Also, I wonder what songs you consider hard to dislike.

- Try "Slave To Love" by Bryan Ferry and go from there. A lot of his songs are like that.

- Barry White's songs are also renown for being appreciated by many music fans of different tastes.

- A lot of "oldies" (50s and 60s) seem to fit this category whether they are Rockabilly, Rock, R&B, Soul, Blues, and Jazz. Heck! Even Country sounded better back then :headphones:

• 2 weeks later...

I found an excuse to bump this thread.

While shuffling through radio stations this morning, I had the good fortune to land on one playing Tramp by Otis Redding & Carla Thomas (1967).

If you're not familiar with this song, you owe it to yourself to seek it out. It features the perfect Stax horns and rhythm section* at their absolute smoking finest.

If you don't get into this song, you must not be breathing.

OR_CT.jpg

keyboards:Booker T. Jones & Isaac Hayes; guitar:Steve Cropper; bass:Donald "Duck" Dunn; drums:Al Jackson,Jr.; trumpet:Wayne Jackson; tenor sax:Andrew Love; alto sax:Joe Arnold

Sing, Sing, Sing - Benny Goodman

Once you hear the drums starting off this song, you won't be able to stay sitting.

I hate to be a stickler, but it's Swing Swing Swing. And , yes, it is hard to sit still when it starts. Then the horns kick in. Top notch.

I hate to be a stickler, but it's Swing Swing Swing. And , yes, it is hard to sit still when it starts. Then the horns kick in. Top notch.

No, I think it's Sing Sing Sing being described.

http://www.rienzihills.com/SING/singsingsing.htm

The version on this web site sounds like it was recorded outside of a mall Wurlitzer Outlet, but you get the idea.

There is a biography of Benny Goodman called Swing Swing Swing, though. Also a video about Gene Krupa shares that title.

No, I think it's Sing Sing Sing being described.

http://www.rienzihills.com/SING/singsingsing.htm

The version on this web site sounds like it was recorded outside of a mall Wurlitzer Outlet, but you get the idea.

There is a biography of Benny Goodman called Swing Swing Swing, though. Also a video about Gene Krupa shares that title.

I stand corrected. I have a compilation cd that says Swing Swing Swing, though.

"Joy to the World" Three Dog Noght (Jerimaih was a bullfrog)

"Hotel California" Eagles

"I got you babe" Sonny and Cher (I hate this song, but don't know anyone else who does)

"Good Vibrations" Beach boys (almost any beach boys really)