What is the most recognizable lyric line ever?

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are actually very few lyrics posted here that I don't recognize. I think MC put this thread in the "Classic" thread for a reason. Many (most)of these lyrics are classic rock lyrics, because those would tend to be the most recognizable ones, sheerly because they've been around longer. They may be more recognizable to some of us older people simply because of the numbers of times we've heard them. It's bound to be the reverse for younger people.

I agree and I don't think the "newer" ones I posted were the most recognizable I just didn't want the younger people to feel left out. :P

And Farin is right there is a difference between lyrics that all music fans recognize and ones that "classic rock" fans recognize. Obviously the only ones that truly qualify for this thread would be those that people of all ages would recognize not just a certain group...

And I agree with both of your clarifications. ... ;)

I didn't rally mean classic rock as in terms of the genre, but in terms of the age (just the sheer number of times a lyric has been heard). And even more so the songs termed Golden Oldies. It seems there would be a better chance for those songs to be universally known, just because they've been heard literally thousands of times in some cases.

A couple more recent (okay,not recent, just not classic rock) recognizable ones to me:

"She never mentions the word addiction in certain company"

"Stand in the place where you live (Now face north) Think about direction wonder why you haven't..."

Edited by Guest

Anyone recognize these?

Daniel is travelling tonight on a plane....

There must be some way out of here, said the joker to the thief....

And Harry doesn't mind if he makes the scene....

The sea is calm to-night. The tide is full, the moon lies fair....

Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to....

Be on my side, I'll be on your side, baby....

And all the roads we have to walk are winding....

All hands on deck, we've run afloat! I heard the captain cry....

Well, you can excommunicate me on my way to Sunday school....

Anyone recognize these?

Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to....

Be on my side, I'll be on your side, baby....

And all the roads we have to walk are winding....

All hands on deck, we've run afloat! I heard the captain cry....

I don´t know these ones...

"And all the roads we have to walk are winding...." is Wonderwall by Oasis.

:doh: I´m listening to the song in my head now that you mentioned it... :laughing:

Oh, this one : Be on my side, I'll be on your side, baby... that´s "Down By The River" - Neil Young.

Edited by Guest

"Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to" ... that's Oh Well, Fleetwood Mac

There's a man with a gun over there...

Louie Louie, oh no, baby me gotta go ...

Stop in the name of love ...

You don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows...

I'm the one who has to die when it's time for me to die...so let me live my life...the way I want to...

I hear that train 'a comin', it's rollin round the bend..

Have you seen junior's grades?

Lines form on my face and hands, lindes form on the left and right

Haw Haw Haw Haw ['Boogie Chillen' by John Lee Hooker]

Let me take you down

Good night sweetheart, well it's time to go