The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #165

WELCOME TO THE SONGFACTORS' CHOICE TOP TEN #165 ! :headphones:

ALL MEMBERS OF SONGFACTS ARE MOST WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE. The greater the participation, the more diverse, and more representative our top ten list is. We'd like to invite everyone to help us select THE SONGFACTOR'S CHOICE TOP TEN! :)

IT'S SIMPLE, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS:

* Nominate two songs that haven't made the Ten before ... Click here to view Every Song That's Made The Songfactors' Choice Top Tens (Artists). ... And here to view Every Song That's made The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten (Songs)

Yes, it's true, we now have two, two, two lists in one! :)

* When nominations close, choose your favorite Ten songs in order of preference from the Final Nominations and post them here. Points are allotted, 10 for your #1 song, 9 for #2, Etc. and our Top Ten is compiled from them. At the end of the voting period we'll announce The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten For that week.

LET US HAVE YOUR NOMINATIONS NOW ! :thumbsup:

:headphones:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you so much, Phil... :) And I´m glad you have a new computer or you fixed yours... ;)

(I will have to go to some friend´s place to listen to the youtubes... my pc is dead for good... and no computer for a long time...)

This ones better edna. I don't like the video to much but it is Cohen and the quality is good :D

Everybody Knows - Leonard Cohen

Darn I wish you'd PT me before you nominate this. I'd nominate something I could leave off to put this as my # 1. I love it. So does my Chickie :D

Thank you, Lea... :) and sorry, being youtubeless makes me take the decissions at the very last moment... :P

Dancing Choose ~ TV on the Radio (2008) Video and mp3

Frontman Tunde Adebimpe shares the band's lyric writing with guitarist Kyp Malone. Adebimpe told The Independent November 3, 2008 that his lyrics are a form of meditation. He explained: "It sounds simplistic but what I write is based on a life experience, filtered through a process. You could write a story that says I was surfing the web, got sick of myself and so I went to a bar; and then I got sick of the people there and hated them as much as I hated myself; so I went home and fell asleep disgusted with myself. 'Dancing Choose' in many ways is that song. It is an extract with lines thrown together that hopefully works as well as a poem does, and gives enough of a description of a scene."

In my mind I'm drowning butterflies

Broken dreams and alibis;

That's fine...

I've seen my palette blown

To monochrome-

Hollow heart

Clicks hollowtone,

It's time...

C'mon C'mon ~ The Von Bondies (2004) Video and mp3

As I make my way, c'mon c'mon

These better nights that seem too long

Now we grieve cause now is gone

Things were good when we were young

lesson #1 for all budding lyricists:

if you just can't seem make one line rhyme - simply add some nonsense words :D

(just kidding, it's a great song :rockon: )

thanks to those who introduced me to this band :thumbsup: