How do you deal with stress & bad moods?

MindCrime

I will join your Fans Club, Lucky... although I'm not a smoker (I was a smoker for some 8 years or so. One day, two years ago, I just forgot about it... funny how my hormones decide on my behaviour. Even if I wanted to smoke now I couldn´t...)

I mean, regular cigarettes... :grin:

I think for a lot of women (including me), crying works. People tend to see it as a weakness, but sometimes it's the only way to deal with strong feelings....especially anger.

I'm with you there Jenny. Oftentimes my anger will show itself through tears. Which just makes me angrier still, because it is percieved as a weakness. :P

I wish I could cry more often... :P I rarely do. And when I do it´s cause I´m listening to some song that reminds me of something, or a smell, or whatever stupid reason I have to shed a tear... but crying out doesn´t help me. It even gives me a strong headache and my nose hurts a lot too. Plus I feel even worse... :P Am I a freak? :P

What are some things you do to alleviate stress, irritability, or impatience?

Easy: I don't. I shift all of that to whomever is causing it and let them deal with their issues :beatnik:

Stress? I hardly stress because it won't get things done efficiently. Irritability? I hardly come into contact with irritating people and situations. The few times that I do, I laugh... at them. Impatience? I give people exact dates and times, get it all in writing, and make them sign/agree to it. If they're not present or are late, then it must not be important and I move on to someone else - they go to the bottom of my priorities. So, it's really all a matter of how others want things to get done, how others will conduct themselves towards me, and how important they consider their time. After all, I'm just one dude with an average life expectancy, and life is way too f*****g short to waste it on other people's trivial crap. Also, I make sure to get a full-night's rest (8 hours of sleep, at least) :beatnik:

If they're not present or are late, then it must not be important and I move on to someone else - they go to the bottom of my priorities.

:puppyeyes: ouch. I try my best to be where I say I'm going to be when I say I'm going to be there. Sometimes, though (like last Sunday) I am unavoidably detained, and times like that (like last Sunday) I am really appreciative of those who are willing to get past it and not let it affect our friendship...

I'm a bit like BA about meeting people . Say 2:00 and I'm there usually a bit before or on the nose . 2:05-2:10 is allowed for others; 2:15 , I'm getting 'antsy ' . 2:30-3:00 I want a decent excuse , after 3:00 I'm pissed off and it had better be more than a white lie . :D

If I'm even a bit after the arranged time , you'll get an apology .

Anyone remember that John Cleese movie ' Clockwise ' ?

As for things being written : you are a nut case , BA ! :laughing:

oh hell, I'd not ever be more than 10-15 minutes late without calling and offering to reschedule, or apologize profusely - or without a reason for an unavoidable delay.

I was thinking more of if you're 5 minutes late, and BA said he would write you off because it wasn't important, etc. Although he didn't put a time limit on it. I sort of put the 5 minutes there myself. :crazy:

I'm a bit like BA about meeting people . Say 2:00 and I'm there usually a bit before or on the nose . 2:05-2:10 is allowed for others; 2:15 , I'm getting 'antsy ' . 2:30-3:00 I want a decent excuse , after 3:00 I'm pissed off and it had better be more than a white lie . :D

If I'm even a bit after the arranged time , you'll get an apology .

Anyone remember that John Cleese movie ' Clockwise ' ?

As for things being written : you are a nut case , BA ! :laughing:

Work-related stuff has to be done in writing. I already don't like work, so to have things fall apart and be cluttered because of scheduling mishaps and conflicts would only add insult to injury. I send a confirmation e-mail that goes into an Outlook calendar - they don't confirm, then someone or something else gets the time of day. Suffice to say, this arrangement is so irritating to some people that they don't bother to deal with me :cool: However, I'm flexible enough to change things even if they call minutes in advance. It's the complete disregard of my time that I have a problem with, so I have zero tolerance for that. But, hey, it's a different thing if this appointment time was on their dime - and this has happened - someone didn't have the documents I asked to have the day before, so he took about 2 hours to obtain them, and this cost his boss $200. Hahah watta dumbass :beatnik:

What are some things you do to alleviate stress, irritability, or impatience?

I drink a bottle (yes, only one bottle) of high alcohol (8-12% ABV) Belgian ale. I find it relieves stress like no other alcoholic drink can. :grin:

If you don't know what to look for, try Duvel, Rochefort, St. Bernardus, Chimay or Westmalle beers. At least one of those should be available in any bottle shop with a large range of beers.

By 03:00pm, she better look like a million bucks :beatnik:

:laughing: :laughing:

I find myself very often singing that line ...he's never early, he´s always late, first thing you learn is that you always have to wait, I´m wating for (insert name of friend here)