The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #163

WELCOME TO THE SONGFACTORS' CHOICE TOP TEN #163 ! :headphones:

ALL MEMBERS OF SONGFACTS ARE MOST WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE. The greater the participation, the more diverse, and more representative our top ten list is. We'd like to invite everyone to help us select THE SONGFACTOR'S CHOICE TOP TEN! :)

IT'S SIMPLE, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS:

* Nominate two songs that haven't made the Ten before ... Click here to view Every Song That's Made The Songfactors' Choice Top Tens (Artists). ... And here to view Every Song That's made The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten (Songs)

Yes, it's true, we now have two, two, two lists in one! :)

* When nominations close, choose your favorite Ten songs in order of preference from the Final Nominations and post them here. Points are allotted, 10 for your #1 song, 9 for #2, Etc. and our Top Ten is compiled from them. At the end of the voting period we'll announce The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten For that week.

LET US HAVE YOUR NOMINATIONS NOW ! :thumbsup:

:headphones:

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucky has kindly let me say a few words about the Golden Oldies Top 40.

We have a small core of people voting to create it each week.

Carl (The Chief) sees potential in it, and he has made it a sub-forum in 'Music Discussion Classic'.

We'd like to justify his faith in its potential. I'm asking that if you know and like Pop and R & B songs from the 50s to the early 60s, would you please give the Top 40 your support this week, at least.

It's easy really. No nominating - you just vote in 3 categories from the previous week's Top 40.

*You advance 5 songs you like (plus +5,4,3,2,1).

*Drop down 5 you don't really care for (minus - 5,4,3,2,1).

*List 5 new songs you'd like to see in the Chart, or support ones you like that others have listed, (+ 5,4,3,2,1).

It's much easier than I make it sound. Here's the link to Golden Oldies Top 40 #11.

Hope to see some new and old (as in familiar) faces there. :)

I'm so happy that you clarified that "old" business Darryl. ;)

I've been playing the Golden Oldies Top 40 all along since the beginning. It's fun, I get to remember and hear a lot of my favorite oldies plus I love reading Ceejay the Deejay and his Top 40 countdown. Y'all have created a new staple! :thumbsup:

Now then, my Top Ten Nominations:

Jack and Diane ~ John Mellencamp (1982)

Twice as Hard ~ Black Crowes (1990)

Lucky has kindly let me say a few words about the Golden Oldies Top 40.

We have a small core of people voting to create it each week.

Carl (The Chief) sees potential in it, and he has made it a sub-forum in 'Music Discussion Classic'.

We'd like to justify his faith in its potential. I'm asking that if you know and like Pop and R & B songs from the 50s to the early 60s, would you please give the Top 40 your support this week, at least.

It's easy really. No nominating - you just vote in 3 categories from the previous week's Top 40.

*You advance 5 songs you like (plus +5,4,3,2,1).

*Drop down 5 you don't really care for (minus - 5,4,3,2,1).

*List 5 new songs you'd like to see in the Chart, or support ones you like that others have listed, (+ 5,4,3,2,1).

It's much easier than I make it sound. Here's the link to Golden Oldies Top 40 #11.

Hope to see some new and old (as in familiar) faces there. :)

And they have added a playlist thanks to all Dappled's hard work so you can listen if you don't know em'. Very cool :bow: :bow:

Thanks Ladies. :)

My Life - Bill Joel (1978)

Route 66 - The Rolling Stones (1965)

We seem to be missing a few of our friends in the Ten lately.

I surely hope it isn't because of my spruiking about 'renominations' and 'searching the Archives'. That would be a chore for some and this Game shouldn't be that; it should be fun. I often lead with my mouth and regret it later.

We seem to be missing a few of our friends in the Ten lately.

I'm thinking that it's probably due more to Easter week and vacations etc. Most of the individuals haven't been around SF at all, not just the Ten Darryl. It's ok, they'll get back and realize that they have this insane urge to vote for something ... and here we'll be. ;)

so that you hear something besides the usual here ;)

Weil Weil Weil ~ Einstürzende Neubauten (2007) Video english lyrics

the bandname means "collapsing new buildings" (collapsing as adjective)

Neubauten ("new buildings" in English) is a general term referring to buildings constructed in Germany after 1945. These are often regarded as cheaper, flimsier, and less aesthetically attractive than Altbauten, or pre-1945, especially pre-modernist buildings. Due to the extensive destruction throughout Germany during the Second World War, and the extensive rebuilding thereafter, Neubauten constitute a very familiar element of German cities.

End of a Century ~ Blur (1994) Video

...even though it's nothing special :)

Shine On - House of Love (1987)

I heard a remix/cover of this song as muzak while out to dinner last night :/ Need to hear the real thing to soothe my poor ears

I Want To Touch You - Catherine Wheel (1992)

You're the only soul inside that makes me shake

And the crazy senseless things you make me take

It would really make my day

If you'd only move away

'Cause I'm scared that if you stay

I'll want to touch you

icrevn.png