songs with subliminal messages

The site Jayson posted has some great downloads with the sections nornal and backwards in 3 different speeds. There are some great ones like Here Comes the Sun and Stairway To Heaven. Makes you wonder if all were actually planned or were 'discovered' by some wacko that had nothing else to do but play the records backwards until something sounded like something. But I'm sure some were made on purpose. I mean, why not, sounds like fun.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok... a lot of these sound real, but some don't even make sense. like the shiek remembered we had the mumps. pff. the chances of something backwards sounding SLIGHTLY like a different thing is probably pretty high

If the singers sound like they are trying to add a message by mispronouncing things or adding syllables its a lot more likely.

John Linnell of They Might Be Giants recorded an interesting song called "On Earth My Nina." He took one of the band's other songs ("Thunderbird", which is on the album "The Spine"), listened to it backwards over and over again, and learned to sing the song backwards. When "On Earth My Nina" was released, there was no explanation for it, and "Thunderbird" hadn't even been released officially, so it just sounded like he was singing a bunch of nonsense words. But they did sound like WORDS. There's a part that goes "say the sparrow wants a morbid arrow, here's a quarter that's the one I wanted." When you play "On Earth My Nina" backwards, it really is the tune and words of "Thunderbird." I thought it was a great experiment, but it seems to prove that you can find "hidden messages" in anything you play backwards.