Sign in to follow this  
Wyld Card

One Hit Movie Wonders

We haven't talked much about actresses:

Mira Sorvino was in "Mighty Aphrodite"...even won an Oscar for her role in it. Has she been in anything big since?

Also, Sofia Coppola. Hers was more of a voluntary retirement from acting into directing (thankfully), but it qualifies. She was in Godfather 3 as Al Pacino's daughter

Mira Sorvino's hot :cool:

Yes, she is...very!

But she's a HORRIBLE actress! I saw "Mighty Aphrodite"....and "Romy and Michelle"....and "Summer Of Sam"....all decent movies, but she is an unbelievably bad actress. She won that Oscar on name alone. Respect to Paulie.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

..and a rivetting performance it was.

Are you being sarcastic? I thought she was pretty terrible in it. I am not an actress, but it wouldn't be that hard for me to pretend to fall for Andy Garcia. They would have needeed a spatula to scrape me off him after the word "cut"

Yes, she is...very!

But she's a HORRIBLE actress! I saw "Mighty Aphrodite"....and "Romy and Michelle"....and "Summer Of Sam"....all decent movies, but she is an unbelievably bad actress. She won that Oscar on name alone. Respect to Paulie.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

I agree. She's a terrible actress... mainly because she's never shown the goods :cool:

Sean Penn in 'Fast times At Ridgemont High ' . He was was a bit funny , but what has he done lately ?!?!?

Bad Boys?

Colors?

The Falcon And The Snowman?

Carlito's Way?

Casualties Of War?

Dead Man Walking?

The Game?

The Thin Red Line?

21 Grams?

Mystic River?

Milk?

If he had said "Rat" or "Damone," or even Phoebe Cates, it'd make a little more sense. I can't think of any major hit Phoebe Cates had other than Paradise (a rip-off of The Blue Lagoon :googly:), Gremlins and Princess Caribou (which struck me a rip-off of The Princess Bride). Every Sunday at midnight the local ABC network would show Baby Sister, a cheapie 80s b-movie starring Phoebe Cates. She could pull off "cute" and "hot" looks back then :beatnik: