One Hit Movie Wonders

MindCrime

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I own most of his (Cage's) movies, I don't think they all suck.

No ,I don't either . I've just been seeing some of his more recent stuff on the movie channel here recently and haven't been too impressed. Just pickin' on Nick . I just couldn't think of anyone else at that moment .

I'm alone in my feelings for Xanadu, so I though it was best not to smiley it.

Xanadu has a great song collection. It just happens to be tied to a crappy movie which was slated to be great. Funny, but when I recall it, it is better in my mind :cool:

One-hit wonder directors:

Koyaanisqatsi

The Boondock Saints

Honeymoon Killers (a.k.a., The Lonely Hearts Murders)

I won't get into a debate about Cage simply because I also feel that he's made some very poor flicks. He's also made some good ones.

One thing I'll say about him is that he has a bit of that Jimmy Stewart quality. He should be cast in more of those "Stewart-type" roles. I just don't know if today's audiences would buy that.

Thank God acting isn't surgery and doesn't require any talent and skill when it comes to guys such as nicolas cage. Could you imagine if he were a surgeon? He'd leave people with two noses on their face, with one ear bigger than the other, with six fingers on one hand and four on the other.

I would pay nic cage 8 bucks for each movie he's starred in so that I wouldn't have to be subjected to watch any of that drek. Hell, I'd pay 'im extra money here and there to not hear about him or see his talentless mug on teevee and magazines. Thankfully, I've a lot of good movies on my netflix queue to keep me occupied and I can ignore the fact there are movies starring nic cage :beatnik:

Umm, so nobody here rates "Raising Arizona" or "Moonstruck"? Or, one of my weird faves, "Vampire's Kiss"? He's made a lot of films, most of which I haven;y seen, but of thsoe that I have, a handful have been wonderful, and surely Raising Arizona is one of the great black comedies of all time. Am I nuts again?

LBBB

No , 'Raising Arizona ,'Moonstruck '( though I think of Cher ) , and 'Leaving Las Vegas' ( slipping a bit ) , were what I meant by making a few and then exiting the stage gracefully .

Man ! If I had his orchards and set-up ,I wouldn't spend 5 seconds in the public spotlight !

Wow, you guys talk about him like he's Nicole Kidman ;-) Honestly, he's nowhere on my radar when I think of bad actors, quite the opposite in fact. I think instead of Andy MacDowell, or 99% of Kevin Costner, or ... lots of other people. I don't think there's anything in Cage's career for him to deserve such hatred.

Love...

I dunno. Why did the Spice Girls sell a bunch of albums? I'm sure they're not at the top of the music game, but they were packing venues bigger than lesser known, talented artists. His movies suck. The better ones are decent in spite of nicolas coppola.

How are you comparing an action star like Cage to some teeny-bop bulls**t? They don't even relate to the same audience. Besides, there's more important things to worry about, than to complain about Nicolas Cage.

Hahah. Don't get me wrong. I don't worry about nicolas cage at all since I don't watch any of the wankery he's starred in. Every once in a while, though, someone brings him up and it's then I recall how godawful his performances are. This is easily remedied by watching some Alain Delon, Marcello Mastroianni, and Steve McQueen movies :cool: