One Hit Movie Wonders

MindCrime

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We haven't talked much about actresses:

Mira Sorvino was in "Mighty Aphrodite"...even won an Oscar for her role in it. Has she been in anything big since?

Also, Sofia Coppola. Hers was more of a voluntary retirement from acting into directing (thankfully), but it qualifies. She was in Godfather 3 as Al Pacino's daughter

..and a rivetting performance it was.

Are you being sarcastic? I thought she was pretty terrible in it. I am not an actress, but it wouldn't be that hard for me to pretend to fall for Andy Garcia. They would have needeed a spatula to scrape me off him after the word "cut"

Yes, she is...very!

But she's a HORRIBLE actress! I saw "Mighty Aphrodite"....and "Romy and Michelle"....and "Summer Of Sam"....all decent movies, but she is an unbelievably bad actress. She won that Oscar on name alone. Respect to Paulie.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

I agree. She's a terrible actress... mainly because she's never shown the goods :cool:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If he had said "Rat" or "Damone," or even Phoebe Cates, it'd make a little more sense. I can't think of any major hit Phoebe Cates had other than Paradise (a rip-off of The Blue Lagoon :googly:), Gremlins and Princess Caribou (which struck me a rip-off of The Princess Bride). Every Sunday at midnight the local ABC network would show Baby Sister, a cheapie 80s b-movie starring Phoebe Cates. She could pull off "cute" and "hot" looks back then :beatnik: