What are you doing right now ? *Our own Twitter *

Kevin

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading just why I always seem to be broke ... :P :

http://realestate.yahoo.com/promo/the-most-expensive-cities-in-the-world.html;_ylc=X3oDMTF0Zm05cDNkBF9TAzI3MTYxNDkEX3MDOTc2MjA0NjUEc2VjA2ZwLXRvZGF5BHNsawNtb3N0LWV4cGVuc2l2ZS1jaXRpZXM-

Majorca (right ? ) .You have 'a place' , do you ? :laughing: :laughing:

Are you in Spain ? Do you know for certain who and what nationalities compose the tourists of Ibiza ? Why wouldn't you take Edna's word for it -she's right next door and hears things, for God's sake ...!?! :laughing: :laughing:

Farin' s right... there' s Germans in Mallorca too... actually there' s people from Germany, Holland, England, France, Argentina, Italy, etc in the Baleares (Mallorca, Menorca, Ibiza and Formentera) and also on the coast... there' s more foreigners than spaniards...

Majorca (right ? ) .You have 'a place' , do you ? :laughing: :laughing:

Are you in Spain ? Do you know for certain who and what nationalities compose the tourists of Ibiza ? Why wouldn't you take Edna's word for it -she's right next door and hears things., for God's sake ...!?! :laughing: :laughing:

"Mallorca", but it's pronounced more like "Mayorca"

it's the tourist destination #1 for Germans (maybe for other nationalities too, I wouldn't know) :P

(think Cancun or South Florida during Spring Break, but the whole summer) :P

Saw the Brits in the Greek isles , as well as Italians . It was off -season though so I can't really say whether that was the norm or not . The staff were whining about all of us though , and when they could go back to Portugal !?!?

...and so , you'd like to retire in a place where people drop in for a week and get as drunk as possible and terrorize your town ? :stars: :laughing:

Retire? :shades: I don't plan to retire. I just heard the parties they throw at their mansions are really wild... :cool:

You also have plenty of drunken hooligans in my neighborhood... I live near the Real Madrid Stadium...

...and so , you'd like to retire in a place where people drop in for a week and get as drunk as possible and terrorize your town ? :stars: :laughing:

That's where we live too, where people drop in for a week, get drunk & such, but there isn't too much terrorizing.

"Mallorca", but it's pronounced more like "Mayorca"

Kevin wasn't wrong, in the US, Canada and elsewhere it actually is spelled Majorca (which may be incorrect to the Spaniards) and pronounced Mayorca.

Don't ask me why. Obviously, the place is in Spain, their spelling, I would think, would be the recognized correct one. But I've always known it the way Kevin spelled it, so I looked it up. Mallorca is apparently the native name officially used in Spanish and Catalan languages. :D

There's the obscure wiki lesson for the day. ;)