Hometown bands

viewaskew37

If there is a well known artist from you howntown, let us know.

I live in this little old historic town in jersey. One of those tourist attraction thats filled with antiques. Anyway theres this little community of 4 towns. Lambertville, NJ/New Hope, PA/Stockton NJ, and Doyelstown, NJ. Anyway these towns are all connected in one way or another. However these little nothing towns have produced A LOT of fame of some sort. The artist PINK is from Doyelstown. The band WEEN is from New Hope, PA which just across the river. John Popper has spent A LOT of time in New Hope. Its funny i saw him in McDonalds and got his autograph on a beverage cup(this is long before his surgery. The Sound of Urchin is also from New Hope.(if you have heard of the Sound of Urchin and/or WEEN you are a Kick*** person and your awesome in my book) also George Thergood played at a local bar called John and Peters. This is also the home of many many arists including Richie Havens. Also Scott Metzger went to my high school in Lambertville but hes a lot older than me. And for a piece of education, James Marshall(the man that started the california gold rush) is from Lambertville, but who really f***ing cares about that one!

Well i thank you for reading my little piece of local fame on my community, and if you got some let us know!

:thumbsup:

PETER

I lived in Orange County all through the 90s, so the first band that comes to mind is Sublime. Man, they played their s**t all the time and were the local heros. I got sick of them soon enough from all the local exposure they got. There's also No Doubt, Save Ferris, The Offspring, Something Corporate, Zebrahead, Lit, and Blank 182 =:P They pretty much made me sick after a while too. On the other hand, Social D., The Tiki Tones, Reel Big Fish, The Vandals, The Aquabats, The Adolescents, Supertones, and Agent Orange always rawked this place :headphones:

From Los Angeles and surrounding areas:

The Doors

The Eagles

X

Black Flag

Wasted Youth

Van Halen

Korn

Metallica

Slayer

Charles Mingus

Buddy Collette

Gerald Wilson

The Momma's & The Poppa's

No Doubt-Anahiem, Orange County

The Circle Jerks

The Dickies

The Germs

TSOL

The GO GO'S

The Minute Men

Wall of Voodoo

Missing Persons

The Dead Kennedys

Motle Crue

There are many more, but these are all I could come up with right now. I am not 100% sure of all being from LA, but here is where they got started.

Hey Viewaskew....My favorite band from your area (and formerly mine) is Johnny's Dance Band. Perhaps you've heard of them? They were big in the late 70's, early 80's...then were known as Nan Mancini & JDB. Great band...often seen at John and Peter's in New Hope. I have all of their stuff on disc (after searching for many years).

From Los Angeles and surrounding areas:

The Doors

The Eagles

X

Black Flag

Wasted Youth

Van Halen

Korn

Metallica

Slayer

Charles Mingus

Buddy Collette

Gerald Wilson

The Momma's & The Poppa's

No Doubt-Anahiem, Orange County

The Circle Jerks

The Dickies

The Germs

TSOL

The GO GO'S

The Minute Men

Wall of Voodoo

Missing Persons

The Dead Kennedys

Motle Crue

There are many more, but these are all I could come up with right now. I am not 100% sure of all being from LA, but here is where they got started.

What about Guns 'N Roses? Berlin? I thought Black Flag was from San Diego...?

• 1 month later...

Phoenix, Arizona (& Municipal Regions)

Alice Cooper (My Uncle in law knew him pretty well in high school)

Duane Eddy

Jimmy Eat World

Gin Blossoms

Meat Puppets

Refreshments

Trik Turner

Waylon Jennings

Glen Miller

I used to live 2 houses down from the guitarist of another semi-known band, but I'll avoid posting their name, in case he does a net search & sees I posted this, he knows where I live.

Phoenix, Arizona

Alice Cooper (My uncle knew him pretty well in high school)

Duane Eddy

Jimmy Eat World

Gin Blossoms

Meat Puppets

Trik Turner

Refreshments

Waylon Jennings

Glen Campbell

I used to live 2 houses down from the guitarist of a semi-known band, I'm avoiding using their name in case he does a search & sees that I posted it. He knows where I live.

We call Sheryl Crowe a hometown girl cause she taught school here after growing up in Kennet Mo.

Mams's Pride

Pavlovs Dog

Two that aren't musicians, but come to town regularly:

John Goodman (still has a home here)

Kevin Kline

My biggest claim to knowing the semi-famous however is Ray Hiatt, one of Santanas drummers from the 70's. He has a place at our Campground-and you ought to hear him on Karaoke night. Not only does he sing he plays air drums and trash barrel drums. You'd be amazed at the sound he can get out of a 50 gal. can! :drummer:

Well, it was pretty much a secretive arrangement that we knew each other, I helped him with various things, including moving. I was always given free tickets to see their shows here in town. The biggest claim to fame was that he was band mates with somebody who went on to a much bigger & successful band.

Windy, don't forget Nelly lol

I don't know anybody from my town, but here are some famous Jersey musicians:

Bruuuuuuuuce!!!

Bon Jovi

Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes

Queen Latifah

Whitney Houston

Fountains of Wayne (at least their name is from a store on Rt 46 in NJ)

Naughty by Nature

I'm sure there are more, but those are the ones that came off the top of my head.

Well, here in Newark, Delaware, it's not unusual to see George Thorogood at the local Grotto's Pizza, or Superfresh grocery.

My wife went to school with a couple of guys from the 80's band "The Hooters". Thay had a brief stay on the national charts with their album,"Nervous Nights".Don't know if anyone recalls it or not.

Bob Marley lived in Wilmington (5 miles east of here) briefly, and I believe his mom may still live there, I'm not sure.

Tommy Conwell lives around here somewhere, probably closer to Philly.