Brian Jones

Nicole19111

Nicole, I've always wondered that myself since no credit is given. Brian was so overlooked as a guitarist and should have had more influence on the Stones' direction. He was treated in some ways like George in the Beatles. The drugs and drinking made it impossible for Brian to defend his positions and he, ultimately, was forced out of the band. The whole story is a shame. Sorry I can't help with the quote. The opening line is rather famous..I've seen it on bereavement greeting cards, etc.

Brian Jones was actually one of the most talented musicians ever. He played approximately 35 instruments, and could pick up any instrument and learn how to play it within a half hour or so. Keith Richards used to jokingly pick up an instrument and say, "Here, Brian, music comes out of this.", and Brian would have it mastered in no time. But leading up to the time he was fired from the band, he was so drugged up and incoherent that they would turn his amplifiers off and just let him think he was recording with the band.

I'll never forget what Charlie Watts said in an interview around 1989 or so, speaking candidly about Brian Jones (slightly paraphrased, of course)....."Brian really liked drugs and alcohol, but what he didn't realize is that they weren't very good for him." Well, duhhhh!!!

:doh: :doh:

:afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: