U.S. taught how to play baseball by Puerto Rico

Kevin

:laughing: Oh ,brother !

http://web.worldbaseballclassic.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090314&content_id=3989248&vkey=wbc&team=pur〈=1

Wasn't the 'mercy rule ' designed for Little Leaguers or odd-ball countries so that they wouldn't go home crying and give up ? Certainly not for highly paid professionals, methinks ... ;)

Edited by Guest

That was a good revenge game . Great 9th inning for sure . Hopefully , we are gonna see some more memorable games from now on . Japan and Cuba have their backs against the wall today , too . :rockon:

Edited by Guest

Seems so . They weren't even slightly threatening yesterday . I just read it was somewhat of a historic loss for them too : the first time they haven't reached the finals of any international competition ( including the Olympics ) since 1951 . That's quite a run ! :o

Clearly,the two teams that wanted it the most are in the finals which is good ,I guess, though it is a bit dull to watch the fifth matchup between these two in a single tournament . It will be a grudge match as always and likely a good, tight game - Korea , the Olympic champion v.s Japan the WBC champs .I hope so , anyway. These two are the Red Sox /Yankees rivalry of Asia .

Edited by Guest