Your Favourite Musical Actor?

MuzikTyme

I'm sitting here watching the movie,"The Man Who Fell to Earth" (1976) and realize what a great actor David Bowie is! He's starred in a lot of movies, my favourite is certainly:

"The Last Temptation of Christ" (1988) directed by Martin Scorsese.

What a dazzling display, IMHO, David proved!

So, my question is who is your favourite musical actor/actress?

I got a kick out of Dean Martin and Ricky Nelson singing together in John Wayne's classic, "Rio Bravo."

Hoyt Axton was a hoot as well!

I have to give a big thumbs up for the acting talents of Marky Mark Walberg, Ice Cube and Ice Tea. I wasn't too crazy about Vanilla Ice, though.

Sting is a very fine actor, too, IMHO.

Mick Jagger has acting potential. I don't know why British actors aways seem to present class to a movie screen and yours truly.

:D

I'm sitting here watching the movie,"The Man Who Fell to Earth" (1976) and realize what a great actor David Bowie is! He's starred in a lot of movies, my favourite is certainly:

"The Last Temptation of Christ" (1988) directed by Martin Scorsese.

What a dazzling display, IMHO, David proved!

So, my question is who is your favourite musical actor/actress?

You too , can act like David Bowie ,Muzik . Watch and learn .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkRlIMrVG1w&feature=related

Richard Harris ;-)

Billie Piper is fun.

Kylie Minogue, on the other hand, is equally dire whether singing or acting...

And the whole Buffy cast (Alyson Hannigan excepted) did a great job in Once More With Feeling, and that of course brings us to Neil Patrick Harris and the cast of Dr Horrible.

LBBB

Richard Gere comes to mind . He did an awesome job in 'Chicago ' , and though I wouldn't by a concert ticket , Johnny Depp is trying to sing a bit these days . John Travolta is likely the best for a male in this category .

Edited by Guest

I really wasn't impressed by Richard Gere's singing voice. Sure, he looked the part, but he sounded very nasally and fake in his singing. I also never cared much for John Travolta's singing voice, either. Both of them are great actors, though, can't take that away from them.

How about Nathan Lane or the late Jerry Orbach?

• 2 weeks later...

I have to give a big thumbs up for the acting talents of Marky Mark Wahlberg

His brother Donnie Wahlberg (New Kids on the Block) is also a good actor.

Flea (Red Hot Chili Peppers) was in Back to the Future II and The Big Lebowski.

The members of Tenacious D have been in a wide variety of movies.

I just saw "The Minus Man" which has Sheryl Crow and Dwight Yoakam.

Johnny Cash & June Carter appeared in some things together, including an episode of "Little House on the Praire". He was somewhat solid at acting, even though he failed to deliver a few lines. She, on the other hand, was terrible.

For some odd reason, Tom Petty has put his music career to the side so he can do the voice of the character "Lucky" on Fox's prime time animated sitcom "King of the Hill". As a fan, it pains me to see him do this, he's flat at his character development and I respect Petty as a musician, but he's not funny!