Which one do you think is better?

Aunt_Acid

I have listened more to early and mid Pink Floyd, but which do you think is better? Syd Barret Pink Floyd, David Gilmour Pink Floyd, or Post-Waters Pink Floyd? I would have to say the middle, although early Pink Floyd rocks, and I have heard like 3 or 4 post Waters songs, and although they are a different style, they are still cool. It's so awesome how they can change to so many styles, and be a band for so long. They released their first album in 1967. They released their last in 1994. To me, that rocks.

I will weigh in with my vote. I like the 70's-early 80's Pink Floyd. I own Dark Side, Wish, The Wall, and The London Philharmonic Orchestra plays Pink Floyd, (which I recommend for any Pink Floyd fan that doesn't already own it.

I can't say if the PF I like is better or worse than the other incarnations of the group, because I don't know. I haven't listened to very much of it at all.

By the way, on the subject of Pink Floyd, back in 1986, I was in the army, stationed in Colorado, and invented a drink called "The Pink Floyd"

1. Fill blender with ice

2. Add vodka to taste

3. 1/2 can of frozen pink lemonade concentrate

Blend until it's like a slurpee.

Enjoy your Pink Floyd ::

The song list is this:

Time 8:11

Brain Damage 5:09

Another Brick in the Wall 8:25

Comfortably Numb 5:25

Breathe 4:01

Money 6:42

The Great Gig in the Sky 5:07

Nobody Home 6:23

Us and Them 11:33

Time 10:40 (another version)

As far as sending them to you, I wouldn't know how to get them into my computer. I'm like a mouse in a maze ....I know how to get to certain places and back.

I must say... I like them all, Barret years, pre and post Waters. There is something to liek about every Floyd tune.

There's really only three bands I like "all" their stuff, Pink Floyd, Yes and Rush. Supertramp is like 98% on my like all songs by list.

I must say... I like them all, Barret years, pre and post Waters. There is something to liek about every Floyd tune.

There's really only three bands I like "all" their stuff, Pink Floyd, Yes and Rush. Supertramp is like 98% on my like all songs by list.

The order of increasing importance follows their timeline:

Syd Barrett years >>> Roger Waters years >>> 1980s and on

Rush, on the other hand, has gotten increasingly better each album since their debut. The 80s was definitely their decade :headphones:

A true Pink Floyd fan

A true Pink Floyd fan

A true Pink Floyd fan

LOL

I tend to think the Barret era, but it was so short it's hard to even compare. Waters Pink Floyd has been through some of the most intense momments in my life, so they are way on top of my list. Post-Waters I don't care much for, except 3 or 4 songs.

Solo projects: Syd Barret hands down, end of story, period.

It all depends on the mood I'm in, since the Syd stuff tends to be on the psychedelic side, and sometimes I'm not in the mood for it. I don't prefer the post-Waters era however.

The Floyd double CD that came out in 2000(??), the compilation, got me through my first year in college, the first time I lived away from home. I'd lay in my bed in that god-awful shoebox of a dorm room with that CD playing on my discman, and that would help me sleep and generally lift my spirits.

• 4 weeks later...

All Pink Floyd is good music, their earlier material with Syd was a bit undeveloped only in comparison, IMO, but it was a musical work of genius nonetheless. It showed unseen creativity that had its subsequence soon to come. Darkside was the band?s main entrance to the mainstream, with it setting a record for longest amount of time on the Billboard charts. The true prospect of capacity shows at this point. The same with the next few albums to follow. I think that the post-Waters era was deeply underrated, Gilmour?s unaccompanied work on Momentary Lapse of Reason was a threshold of brilliance that others could only hope to accomplish, and it features debatably the best guitar work of the 1980?s. The Division Bell, which was their last studio recording, was even more mellow than their previous work, but still a good album, I just hope to hear something new again, but it doesn?t look likely since it?s been over a decade now.

• 4 weeks later...

Well my paranoid dad decided he should delete MSN because it was supposedly installing a virus on our computer, even though he makes more downloads daily than I do in a week, and nothing has changed since he deleted MSN. I have heard Rush by now. After I posted that, cosmosis sent me some stuff.