Rebels, Dream Lovers, Beach Movies & Rock 'n' Roll

Lucky

So, Old 55's new game started me thinking about the teen films of the '60's and how they were so incredibly innocent compared to those of today. I watched "Gidget" with Sandra Dee & James Darren and loved it every time it ran. "Where the Boys Are" starring Miss Connie Francis and Yvette Mimeaux, Beach Blanket Bingo and the other Beach Party films (starring Frankie & Annette). The list goes on and on, and not just these silly, fun films, but on to "Rebel Without A Cause" and other serious films. They were still so very innocent in comparison to today. All had huge influences on teen culture, and by extension the music of the time. What were your favorites?

GidgetSandraDee.jpg

" Look at me, I'm Sandra Dee

Lousy with virginity

Won't go to bed 'til I'm legally wed

I can't; I'm Sandra Dee " From Grease "Look At Me, I'm Sandra Dee. How cute was she, and who didn't want to be Sandra Dee?

gidget3.jpg

Oh Moondoggie !!

I know ... I'm probably the only one old enough to remember these, fondly or otherwise. :blush:

Edited by Guest

I remember watching "Where Angels Go Trouble Follows" when I was younger...I loved that movie...It had a pretty cool song to it too...I think it was Boyce and Hart that sang it...I haven't seen that in years....I just remembered that when I saw this thread...Good idea Lucky!....

Angels.jpg

GROOVEY!....I found the song on Youtube!

Song and Clip from movie