The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #154

Lucky

WELCOME TO THE SONGFACTORS' CHOICE TOP TEN #154 ! :headphones:

ALL MEMBERS OF SONGFACTS ARE MOST WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE. The greater the participation, the more diverse, and more representative our top ten list is. We'd like to invite everyone to help us select THE SONGFACTOR'S CHOICE TOP TEN! :)

IT'S SIMPLE, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS:

* Nominate two songs that haven't made the Ten before ... Click here to view Every Song That's Made The Songfactors' Choice Top Tens (Artists). ... And here to view Every Song That's made The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten (Songs)

Yes, it's true, we now have two, two, two lists in one! :)

* When nominations close, choose your favorite Ten songs in order of preference from the Final Nominations and post them here. Points are allotted, 10 for your #1 song, 9 for #2, Etc. and our Top Ten is compiled from them. At the end of the voting period we'll announce The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten For that week.

LET US HAVE YOUR NOMINATIONS NOW ! :thumbsup:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's on the main site Laurie and the widget will most likely be the CD version :thumbsup:

Oh I forgot. I had made a video of it but YouTube removed it awhile back. I think that was what I used when I nominated it. If I hadn't lost my hard drive and still had the video on my PC I would put it back up for you. Unfortunately I lost it :(

Edited by Guest

:doh: Thanks! ....Oh I just checked, and it has the same one I posted...

I think Lucky sent me the song at one time, but I lost it also

The widget or the video? I can't listen to sound tonight. It will bother other people in the room :( I've noticed the widget is usually the CD version. At least the ones I've listened to ;) I did run across one of the YouTubes that didn't work but the widgets seem pretty reliable :D

Quoting from the Prospective Noms thread:

1. Stars - Dubstar (1995)

Very easy to listen to and very easy to like. You can feel the word 'stars'

But as the stars are going out

and this stage is full of nothing

and the friends have all but gone

for my life, my god I'm singing

We'll take our hearts outside,

leave our lives behind

I'll watch the stars go out

2. Take It Easy, Chicken - Mansun (1995)

So much I could say about the awesomeness of this one, but it speaks for itself.

The same-year coincidence strikes again

Also - interesting fact time:

"According to Mansun's Kleptomania liner notes, frontman Paul Draper states that "Take It Easy Chicken" was their first song, and that the band really did not know how to play their instruments (let alone play together as a band) when Steve Lamacq and John Peel started to play the song on BBC Radio 1."

Whoaaaa :o I knew they were good, but they're even better than good :o