Michael Jackson Suffering From A Flesh-Eating Infection?

Mike

Michael Jackson is suffering from a severe skin infection - which is threatening to destroy his flesh, according to reports.

The King Of Pop has allegedly been receiving antibiotics via an intravenous drip in a bid to beat the bug, which sources claim has spread throughout his body. The singer was recently pictured leaving a Beverly Hills, California clinic after a regular check-up - and revealed painfully-inflamed skin on his face and hands. The 50-year-old is said to have a severe infection which is resistant to conventional antibiotics and could leave him needing major surgery, reports Britain's The Sun newspaper.

A source tells the publication, "Michael Jackson has a severe staph infection that he contracted during work to reconstruct his nose. The disease is an MRSA-style infection because it is resistant to conventional antibiotics, so he has been visiting a clinic to get antibiotics via an IV drip. The infection has spread throughout his face and body and is being aggressively treated by doctors. There's a chance it could turn into a flesh-eating disorder where it begins to kill off his skin so he's being very carefully monitored."

Jackson has previously insisted he suffers from a skin condition called vitiligo - a chronic skin disease which causes loss of pigment.

Copyright © 2009 Starpulse

One of my classmates suffered from a flesh-eating bacteria on her leg that she picked up from just visiting her grandfather in the hospital. She said it was extremely painful, she had to take antibiotics and use a cream for it, and it took months to go away completely.

Anything involving MJ's skin, however, is highly suspect. :shades:

One of my classmates suffered from a flesh-eating bacteria on her leg... and it took months to go away completely.

Unfortunately Michael Jackson is taking even longer to go away completely. I like to pretend that he found Allah and changed his name, or became a senator, or married a prince from Monaco, and dropped out of public view, so we could all remember his music untainted. Cruel, I know, but, damn he was good... way back when...

Edited by Guest