You can be kind.

Keep a little wish

Keep it close and dream like it's a child in the nite

and even if not right

it will still be your wish so you can cry right now

Like a child in the night.

(because that is alright)

*jdh* 2009

Thanx for readin' Kev, but sorry (really) I had no idea the denizens of this creative outpost would be so adamant and strict in adherence to spelling, punctuation (meter) and linear metaphor. :P

All i can say is it made sense to me at the time as a work in progress, off the top of my head set of words. It's exhibition for public viewing may have been pre-mature, but everything moves so fast these days... (EZ for me to say, I know) Heard something about owning one's own feelings. And finding the bravery to hold up and cherish even the bad ones. And trying to choose mostly generosity over self-indulgance...I should try to be more clear..

again, Thanks For Reading!!!!

Sorry ,I should have explained a little more .

I was just wondering why you chose those words ( and their spelling as you did ) and I didn't get the bit about why you were crying . Because wishes rarely come true , perhaps ?

I tend not to venture forth opinions/comments in this forum much , as I seem to annoy the poets or make them defensive . :D

Sorry ,I should have explained a little more .

I was just wondering why you chose those words ( and their spelling as you did ) and I didn't get the bit about why you were crying . Because wishes rarely come true , perhaps ?

I tend not to venture forth opinions/comments in this forum much , as I seem to annoy the poets or make them defensive . :D

No Kevin, I'm the one who should be apologizing. My snarkiness can sometimes be uncontrollable ( a very, very, bad habit picked up when just very young)

I very much appreciate your comments and your reading here. Like I said, this was something i wrote pretty much, off the top of my head (should be an acronym for that, heh.) I heard something like it when waking one recent morning, a little later, before going to work, I found a pen and some bit of scrap paper and wrote down the lines. Later that night I put them here. Sometimes when writing I am in such a hurry to get it down, I use a bit of short-hand and a lack of spelling/punctuation. I guess i left a couple things like that here. One, in the case of 'nite/night', because i liked how it sort of differentiated between the two different children in the night. One with hope, one dispair. The 'say/saying' I know there should've been a period or coma or quote marks or maybe even a semi-colon between, but i left it because i just liked the way it flowed like the original words in my head had. And, finally, i am not really writing about "me" crying (tho I certainly haved) it was something about having dreams even when you know some of those wishs will not be delivered, and learning to accept, if not embrace, that.:)

Thank you again!