Why I love the music you don't like

Mike

TOO MANY!! :laughing:

I love Rock, Classical, New POP, Old POP, "Oldies" (50's & 60's), Metal (when in the mood), All types of Folk music, Meditation music, Jazz....and I would say that's pretty much it. I like Country sometimes but, for me, it is bareable on a ONE song at a time basis. ::

Me being the raging rocker that I am, I love all forms of music that falls under the wonderful genre of rock 'n' roll, from screamy grunge, to folksy Springsteenian or Dylan style, it's all good to me. Except of course some of that new crap they're trying to slip in as r'n'r can't stand it.

:rockon:

I like older music, but it has to be well written and well played. I like orchestrated bubble gum stuff like ELO, but I also like far out jamming stuff like ELP and Zeppelin. Pretty much anything of rock before the 80s (And a lot of stuff from the 80s too!). The 90s were like the modern 60s. Very innocent music a lot of the time, and there was quite a lot of good music. Then the new decade has brought nothing but crap. Rap, which actually was pretty innovative, and tolerable when it first came out, has just gotten extremely annoying, and this whole punk movement rebellion thing is stupid too. I don't like that heavy gothic stuff either. If it's not any of those, it's always some stupid poppy Hillary Duff type artist that just sings stupid bubble gum modern songs that were written to make a profit. I haven't heard that much Nirvana, but I guess they are ok. I heard some of their early stuff on the radio, I didn't really like that, but I have heard some of their songs played by my friend on guitar, just little snippets, but they sound pretty cool. Also, anything having to with the roots of rock (Rock n Roll, Oldies stuff, Bluesgrass, R&B, and Jazz) I also like swing and stuff from the 40s. Mack The Knife.

I enjoy just about all types of music. It would be easier to list what doesn't appeal to me.

1. Rap

That's about it.

Oh, and Dave wrote about the whole teen bubble gum Hillary Duff genre. I don't follow it, but I have learned to tolerate it. I have 9 year old twins, and they listen to all that Disney Channel stuff. It's safe and innocent, which is exactly what my kids are. They can listen to that kind of stuff as long as they want. I'm dreading the day when they start experimenting. Fortunately, they like alot of "Dad's olden times music" as they used to call it. It's not unusual for one of my kids to come down the hall singing George Harrison's "What is Life" or something along those lines.

I think Country is bottom of the barrel for me, but even that varies greatly. I like the old Country songs, but any of that new Country stuff is totally off-limits. Any other genre usually surprises me with new stuff to listen to :headphones: