22-Year-old sells virginity online -- and feds can't do a thing to sto

Mike

A 22-year-old woman is selling her virginity online — offering her body to bidders nationwide in an auction that reportedly has netted a $3.7 million offer — and the law isn't doing a thing to stop her.

The FBI isn't interested. The U.S. attorney doesn't care. Everything is fine by local police, and she isn't breaking any laws.

That's because Natalie Dylan, a made-up name for a real 22-year-old California college grad, is marketing her maidenhead in Nevada, where prostitution is legal.

But some religious legal groups are objecting to the sexual sale, saying they are concerned that its influence may reach beyond the borders of the "Battle Born" bordello state.

"It does seem crazy," said Mathew Staver, director of the Liberty Center for Law and Policy. "The rest of the country has an interest in stopping that kind of activity from spreading from Nevada to their home state."

Staver said because the bidding was being conducted online, federal law could be applied to stop the auction from going through.

"Nevada has been out of step with the rest of the country for many years with regards to prostitution, and that's why I think it's important for federal prosecutors to look into this, so that Nevada does not dictate the morals and moral decency for the rest of the nation," Staver told FOXNews.com.

But federal authorities said there wasn't much they could do about the case, and deflected attention toward local statutes.

"Being that prostitution is legal in the area that she's listing from, and she's over 18 and it's consensual, I would defer it to local police authorities," said David Staretz, a spokesman for the FBI's Las Vegas field office.

The Postal Inspection Service, which monitors the Internet for some illegal transactions, is "currently unaware of any specific fed prohibition against this activity," said spokesman Al Weissman.

The office of the U.S. attorney in Nevada said that it has prosecuted over 200 cases in the last six years involving the solicitation of minors online, but it had never worked on a case like this involving adults.

The Moonlite Bunny Ranch, the brothel that is arranging and hosting the deal, sounded especially gung-ho about Dylan.

"Natalie is a virgin and would like to sell this priceless and rare commodity in a very exclusive and private setting," says the Bunny Ranch Web site.

While the commodity's rarity may be debatable, more than 10,000 bidders have come forth to put a price tag on Dylan's purity. And if the Bunny Ranch's owner is to be believed, someone has offered $3.7 million, a price far above rubies.

"One time only she will appear at the bunny ranch and give up her virginity to the highest bidder," says the brothel's Web site in a needlessly repetitive statement. Dylan says she is trying to finance graduate studies for her sister and herself.

Some legal experts say they're well within their rights to make the sale.

"It's a First Amendment issue. You can advertise goods or services that are illegal where they're advertised but legal where they're performed," said Marc Randazza, an attorney specializing in first amendment law. "What's she's advertising is as legal as toast with the crust cut off where she is."

Randazza said some prosecutors might be eager to jump on the case, but that this "commercial speech" is protected.

"If this is legal where it's being advertised" — in Nevada — "the government can't say you can't advertise it here," he told FOXNews.com.

Copyright © 2009 FOXNews

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you got a spare $3.5 million laying around, MC? ;)

I imagine you could just go onto the Bunny Ranch Web site.

Sweet heavens I wish I hadn't done that. There's a nekkid blonde with a nekkid midget! :shocked: :shocked: I want to rip my eyes out and eat them!

Edited by Guest
shouldn't have done that...

Why is her face lighter than the rest of her in that last picture? Perhaps it was photoshopped?

I am not horrified by this, but puzzled. I mean, if that's really her, she's not ugly...I'm sure she's had boyfriends and the opportunity to give up her virginity if she wished. Why would she sell herself if she felt her virginity was so special? Also, what proof is she going to offer the "winner"?

All good questions Jenny. I know there is a biological way to tell if a female is a virgin, but I also know a female can be a virgin and this characteristic may not remain "intact" until... y'know.

Pretty rare commodity these days, a 22-yo. attractive female, STILL a virgin? I dunno.

What is the world coming to?

Yeah! And why are her knobs bigger in the first picture? Something's just not right about this.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I adore you, Sammy. :grin:

The thing that I find pathetic - more so than the girl herself, she is just capitalizing - is that men are so willing to pay so much money for something as ridiculous as this. And pardon my vulgarity, but the first time is not pleasant for 99% of the female population, so if any man cared at all about having a good time, he wouldn't get it from a virgin. So what's it worth? High-fiving his buddies and saying, "I nailed a virgin!" conveniently leaving out the info where money changed hands.

A guy could go down to Van Buren here in Phoenix and get some (vastly experienced) action for pocket change.