what Halftime Shows Would You Wanna See in the Superbowl?

Shawna

Favorites: Tom Petty, U2's 911 tribute, Paul McCartney, Rolling Stones

Worst: Any show during the 80's Super Bowls (Disney / Up with People)

Aerosmith performing Walk this Way w/ all those bubble-pop groups

Janet Jackson's fiasco that the media wouldn't stop talking about.

Prince was awesome. I was a little worried at first because I didn't know how well he would relate to the beer swilling cretins that are the Superbowl's main audience. However, he definitely pulled it off with a medley of his hits and kick arse covers of Proud Mary and the Foo Fighter's Best of You. And he got behind a curtain whilst straddling his guitar, making it look like he had a huge curved phallus. What's not to love about that?

Extremely Important Announcement (they all are, I know)

Shawna is going to write an article for Songfacts about the Superbowl halftime shows, and asked the Top Ten team if perhaps we could start a Top Ten dealing with this topic. Of course we can't do anything without your input, so now I'm passing the question along to you -

Which artists would you like to see performing at the SuperBowl, and why?

If we get enough replies, we're going to ask you to vote on them (you know the deal). We don't have a lot of time, however, so we'd like to get all the nominations in by tomorrow night/Monday morning, and then vote for two or three days. What do you think? Anyone up for it?

It'd be great if we could help Shawna. :)

I thought I'd like to see a lineup including Jo Dee Messina, Gretchen Wilson, Bonnie Raitt, Pat Benatar... women with attitude.

And a sort of Crossroads-esque theme (rock and country), because the Superbowl is all about attitude, and if women played the halftime show, there's something there for women to relate to - and something there for men to enjoy. ;grin:

I wonder if a Cirque du Soleil act would be a voluble act to consider... that might be pretty cool.

And some of these street teams that I've been seeing on the dancing shows - the Groovaloos - they're ridiculously good. I'd like to see that sort of stuff, too...

I know absolutely nothing about the superbowl.

Same here but thanks for the wikilink, Fin... :bow:

I would like to see Amy Winehouse -after full rehab, though sh´ll lose a lot of her appeal for me- and Patti Smith rocking again.

And Carly Simon.

But anyways, I live in Spain and I don´t think I would watch the Superbowl... (what´s exactly the Superbowl? :shades: )

Cool, I was just going to mention Bon Jovi...or how about Elton John or Billy Joel...

Funny, just now as I was waiting for SF to load I was thinking that it'd be nice to see Elton John and Billy Joel playing the Superbowl. But then I wondered if people would rather want to see something more rock-y - after all, it's sports. I have no idea though.

I'm with Shawna & Mindcrime in thinking they'll do a country show soon ... and the women idea is a great one for the Superbowl.

The artist has to one with universal appeal, to New York fans, Seattle fans, and Texas fans as well. I'd love to see a Halftime show with Country & rock combo. Country represented by the women, and rock by the guys. I'd like to see Gretchen Wilson & Jo Dee Messina, for women with attitude, that can rock as well, and Bon Jovi, a huge rocker that's done country with success. That would be a great show.