American Idol 2009

_Laurie_

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fell asleep last night, who got kicked off?

Matt Giraud was going to be eliminated. After his performance, Simon said, "Matt, I don't think you were as good as you were last night, and I don't think you have a chance of winning the competition. We've come to a decision. Matt, it's good news." The judges' save was used on Matt Giraud.

Matt didn't do Born To Be Wild... he did "To Really Love A Woman"... :confused:

I didn't see any of it. I was at my first HOA meeting sitting on the other side of the table from the riffraff, being bowed to by the common folk and accepting glances of adoration.

So the only performance I caught was Matt's catch-up when they were deciding whether to give him the boot. I thought his performance was really awful, off key, he squailed (between a squeak and a wail) on two different points during that performance. I'm amazed they kept him.

• 3 weeks later...

Gokey's performance last night wasn't as great as it could have been I didn't think. It was boring. Adam screams, he totally ruined both One & Crying with his scream/screech, and needs to keep his tongue in his mouth, it's creepy.

Chris had the best performance's last night, even if Randy & Kara did pick a stupid song for him. I'd never heard it before, although they said it was well known. I'm afraid he doesn't stand a chance though.

I didn't realize he's from my hometown. They had Mt. Carmel High School on there for him, which I guess is the high school he graduated from. They were our cross-town rivals. And the Poway Center For The Performing Arts... my little (big) town is famous! :crazy:

This is a tough one to call, but the real loser is anyone who has to listen to that awful "No Boundaries" song they made Adam and Kris sing tonight. I was glad Simon hated it and nearly said so.

I'm still going with Kris as the winner, since I think he's just more likable than Adam.