American Idol 2009

_Laurie_

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

personally, that guy (Adam) is the creepiest thing I've seen on Idol in... ever. He's more in love with himself than anything I've ever laid eyes on (and I've known a lot of narcissists in my time), and I hate his voice, his style, there's nothing about that kid that I like.

To each their own I reckon applies to subjectiveness.

This being a fine example.

I still think he looks a bit like Elvis, Sammy, and most likely, there's no bigger Elvis fan than I.

BTW Miss Shawna,

personally, that guy (Adam) is the creepiest thing I've seen on Idol in... ever. He's more in love with himself than anything I've ever laid eyes on (and I've known a lot of narcissists in my time), and I hate his voice, his style, there's nothing about that kid that I like.

I have reason to believe your above quote is the WORST description EVER of up and coming popular music pertaining to the show otherwise known as "American Idol."

As I've always said:

You're terrible at riddles but now; what's worse? . . .

You have NO taste in music!

:D

I love Smokey. :) There were some awesome performances tonight... and there were some that were the worst I've seen on this show... What's funny is that even after saying, "Smokey's been in the business a lot longer than I have, and I know he's right," Gokey decided to go against his advice. Too bad for him!

I knew I wasn't alone in this. :grin:

I was so sad to see what a bad job Scott did. I really hope he doesn't go home. :puppyeyes: I liked the girl at the end, too. As much as I like Megan, she sounds the same on every song to me. I thought the two guys at the beginning were the best last night (I don't know all the names yet...)

Make it a club of 3 then I think Adam is just awful. His background is in music theater, and I think all his perfomances sound that way. Nothing wrong with music theater, but it's not the same as a rock/pop performance. I did think he did pretty well last night (after what he did to Ring of Fire how could he not?), which ticked me off to no end.

Allison was absolutely great, and Lil was pretty good too, as was the guy at the very beginning. The rest of 'em can go home. ;)

I saw Adam (I guess they had time to edit the show, since we're in the west), and he was amazingly good. I hate to admit it, but he was incredible honestly. Even Bluesy thought it was good, that's how good he was. Bluesy doesn't think any of them have any talent at all. All in all it really ticked me off. ;)

Let's track my testosterone level through the show:

Quentin Tarrantino is the guest:

+10

Alison sings I Don't Want To Miss A Thing

-1 (at least she didn't do "Cryin'")

Anoop does Everything I do...

-5 (although he did a good job)

Adam with Born To Be Wild

+2 (strangely fascinating - would be higher, but as Adam's dad said: He likes everything... except sports)

Matt does Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman

-7 (and I throw up a little in my mouth)

Danny with Endless Love

-4 (Simon went easy on him for obvious reasons)

Kris sings Falling Slowly

-3 (Best performance of the night, but I need to rewatch Grindhouse at this point)

Lil with The Rose

-8 (30 seconds in, I call up the Family Guy clip of Peter singing it. Otherwise my body will shut down to save itself.)

Total:

I'm down 16 points of manliness on a show that featured Quentin Tarrantino. Was this "Wussy songs week?" Tomorrow, I'll have to eat some red meat, crank up some Led Zeppelin and watch some rap videos to get back the part of my soul I lost while watching this show.