American Idol 2009

_Laurie_

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if I've expounded this idea before, but: since American Idol is becoming a bit samey and taste-free, how about a series of "Alternative Idol" covering less obvious ground? You could change the judges while maintaining a roughly similar template: Henry Rollins (Randy), Courtney Love (Paula) , Morrissey (Simon), etc. Get the picture?

I think it would make potentially terrific entertainment.

So far I like the girl I heard singing "Barracuda" in the previews, I think she deserves to be at least a finalist from the short clip sample I heard. I really don't llike that new judge already, I've seen her talk on every late night show & she's horrid with the way she addresses matters.

In regards to what blind-fitter said, they have a show similiar to that on FUSE called Bodog Battle of the Bands, where unsigned bands compete for a record contract. The judges consist of Johnny Rotton, Bif Naked, Billy Duffy (Cult), Dave Pirner (Soul Asylum) & others.

I'm not sure if I've expounded this idea before, but: since American Idol is becoming a bit samey and taste-free, how about a series of "Alternative Idol" covering less obvious ground? You could change the judges while maintaining a roughly similar template: Henry Rollins (Randy), Courtney Love (Paula) , Morrissey (Simon), etc. Get the picture?

I think it would make potentially terrific entertainment.

I'm into that idea, bf, if only to see Henry Rollins beat the everloving hell out of Courtney Love.

I've always maintained that the audience should vote for who they want eliminated, not who they want to stay. Kick 'em to the curb!

I like the mostly-blind guy... and the Robert Downey Jr. lookalike... they're my faves so far.

I'm glad that they're not giving so much air time to the freaks this year. I heard they are doing that intentionally, and although it's fun to watch idiots prove to the world they're idiots, it also encourages said idiots to come out of the woodwork where they would be better off staying.

Light On

Forgetting the Idol thing, listening to this song objectively, I like it a lot. Yep, David Cook is pretty darn good. He's the first winner I can relate to in any way. He does music that I would actually listen to, and I enjoyed most of his performances last year. Plus, he seems to be a fairly normal Missouri boy, and I'm proud of that. ;)

I'm hopelessly addicted to this show. I don't have any illusions about the talent of most of the contestants, and maybe some of it is looky-loo trainwreck syndrome, but I'm back into "Idol" mode. :D

• 4 weeks later...

What's up with that Norman Gentle guy...I mean come on, why did they ever put him through?....I haven't watched the one from tonight yet...I'm gonna watch it now...

Okay..I watched it... :doh: Tatianna???....And I agree with Peachy....Goooo Gokey! :thumbsup:

Edited by Guest