Marley & Me

Carl

My buddy blew off work on Wednesday, so I slipped out and met him for breakfast and an early movie. Not much playing, so we saw Spirit, at least 15 minutes of it, which is really all you need. So we wandered around to the other 17 screens - preachy Will Smith, kid flick, Day the Earth Stood Still - yeah, the best option was the dog movie.

Pretty clear why this is a huge hit, since so many people can relate to an unruly labrador.

There's a real interesting version of Lithium in the "Things are going so great" musical montage. The guy who played it told us about it, which you can check out in the Songfacts. Here's the tune:

I can't wait to see this film, my wife said it will certainly make her cry, so we have to wait for it come out on DVD, she will not be caught crying in public. I have two labs, I love 'em, but they have tested my tolerance on a number of occasions!

• 3 months later...

Finally saw this film this last weekend.

We've had it for weeks, but my wife kept finding excuses to squirm out of watching it, finally she relented to watch it at my sons request that we all finally watch it.

Really good movie.