Tep 10 Ultimate Rock Gods of All Time

Ha!! :laughing: :laughing: That´s the classic intro and has been since the early seventies... everybody learns guitar with it...

Yeah, my kids and my friends kids all play Smoke on The Water any time they get their hands on a guitar... even on my banjo and ukulele. I haven;t heard them try teen Spirit yet, but my son is working on Come As you Are ;-)

LBB

Smoke On The Water is probably still on top as far as rock riffs go, but I think for most kids Teen Spirit is the first complete song they learn how to play.

My thought, back in the day, is that most beginner guitar players try and learn (or should try) Stairway to Heaven. Easy song to learn to fake but a hard song to master.

I've a bit of clout only because I've been playing almost 40 years and still don't have every note exactly right.

Kinda like backgammon or the letter I wished to send but never did.

Yes, you hear WYWH a lot around my place, and Stairway, Sunshine of Your Love, Iron Man, Sandman, One, Carry On My Wayward Son, Godzilla, and of course Blackfella Whitefella!

And let's not forget those piano classics... Yesterday, Beethoven's 9th, and Thomas The Tank Engine. ;-)

LBB

• 7 months later...
  • 5 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...