Politics and music .... do mix?

Mike

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my first post in this thread, as I've stayed out of political discussions in the past. I am a firm believer in freedom of speech when it comes to an artist's material. If they feel the need to endorse candidates with their music, then so be it. It's really not hurting anything, and if a person feels it's wrong, they can always turn off the stereo.

Off topic so I apologise, but there was a debate on the radio today about the US election. A phone poll was held on who British people would vote for if they had the chance (on the premis that the result will affect us too, so why shouldn't we have a say?). The result was 6 to 1 in favour of Kerry.

Carry on.

Regards

How could anyone who wants to live vote for Kerry?

Would you mind stating your thesis on this for our inquiring minds? 33.gif I have the same argument in concern for Bush.

Bush's theoretical tax reduction policy didn't go to quality use, and as a standard republican, guess what it benefited, the main reason I didn't care much for his father or Reagan. His whole warfare arrangement gave the impression that he was more interested in seeking vengeance from his family?s side, than he was concerned in the support of protecting our country. He proposes this fanatical presumption that it?s probable to transport sovereignty & a democratic system to the Middle East Nations, which in reality would be impractical & anyone with common sense realizes that. Bush is giving special treatment to the immigrant labor force, when the entire dilemma needs to be reduced. Excessively gratuitous airport security was at an all time high, while the Medicare correlated organizations were necessitating. This nation is in a political crisis & while I don?t feel a democrat is the probable solution, we?re still in better hands.

This was my original post in the deleted Kerry-Bush debate turned flame-war from July

Because Kerry is a lying bullshitter, and people buy into it. Deep down in me, somewhere, I am kind of hoping he becomes president, so everyone who voted for him could see he was full of [bleep], and just told the people what they wanted to hear. But, I would rather be in safe hands from terror attacks with Bush than play the "told-you-so" game. Also, I don't see why people are so against tax cuts? That's like being upset when a crook returns the stuff he stole from you.

I don't know much about politics. They're all gonna smoke a big turd in purgatory, anyway.

I do know, however, that last year, I got an 800.00 extra for having kids. Then this year, I had to give it back. Can someone please explain that to me?