The Songfactors' Choice: Best Music Videos

Farin

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Radhi's idea, my second nomination:

Let Forever Be -- the Chemical Brothers

"The video for the track was directed by Michel Gondry, and utilized ground-breaking video and film effects in its depiction of a young woman's nightmares.

The video, which drew much visual inspiration from Ray Davies' 1975 Granada TV production "Starmaker", received much media attention and became one of the most well-known videos from the band." (Mr W. Pedia)

I see a lot of people nominate videos that somebody else already nominate. Could you perhaps post your nominations-so-far list Martin? (or whoever keeping the list)

Here you go Viaene. It was getting confusing. ;)

Addicted To Love - Robert Palmer

Beautiful Day - U2

Brothers in Arms - Dire Straits

Buddy Holly - Weezer

Cry - Godley & Creme

Don´t Answer Me - Alan Parsons Project

Don't Come Around Here No More - Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers

Drop - Pharcyde

Free As A Bird - John Lennon

Gypsy - Fleetwood Mac

Help! - The Beatles

History Never Repeats - Split Enz

Hurt - Johnny Cash

Jailbreak - AC/DC

Learn To Fly - Foo Fighters

Let Forever Be - the Chemical Brothers

Losing My Religion - REM (the video has been removed. D*mn you WMG!)

Love Story - Taylor Swift

Money For Nothing - Dire Straits

Nightboat to Cairo - Madness

Rabbit In Your Headlights - UNKLE

Rockit - Herbie Hancock

Sabotage - Beastie Boys

Sledgehammer - Peter Gabriel

Subterranean Homesick Blues - Bob Dylan

Take on Me - A-Ha

Things Have Changed - Bob Dylan

Three Little Pigs - Green Jellÿ

Thriller - Michael Jackson

Tribute - Tenacious D

Weapon of Choice - Fatboy Slim

Window In The Skies - U2

You Can Call Me Al - Paul Simon

You Might Think - The Cars

Kenne, Shawna, and Lee, I'm confused. At this point, we have 3 nominations from either Shawna or MC, whichever is going to take "You Might Think". Lee, did you want to change something? I wasn't sure. :P

don't count this as a final list, it has changes that will need to be made. I just wanted to put all the noms in one place for you. ;)

Edited by Guest
the list is correct now ... up to this point. :)

Virtual Insanity - Jamiroquai (is this a nomination?)

Kenne, Shawna, and Lee, I'm confused. At this point, we have 3 nominations from either Shawna or MC, whichever is going to take "You Might Think". Lee, did you want to change something? I wasn't sure.

No it's not a nomination, I was saying I was going to nominate it if Shawna wanted to take "You Might Think".

Radhi's idea, my second nomination:

Let Forever Be -- the Chemical Brothers

"The video for the track was directed by Michel Gondry, and utilized ground-breaking video and film effects in its depiction of a young woman's nightmares.

The video, which drew much visual inspiration from Ray Davies' 1975 Granada TV production "Starmaker", received much media attention and became one of the most well-known videos from the band." (Mr W. Pedia)

I completely missed that post before! :shocked:

:bow: :rockon:

Shawnaaaaa pleeeeeez take 'You Might Think' we NEED Virtual Insanity in the noms! :puppyeyes:

I'm thinking I might nominate Jamiroquai and take out Herbie Hancock's "Rockit"; the use of robots in a music video was amazing 25 years ago but by today's standards that video is pretty outdated and I doubt anybody remembers it anyways.

My second nomination is:

Californication - Red Hot Chili Peppers

Because I think it's a great and unique concept and The Chilis certainly should be nominated as they made a lot of great music videos.

I'm sorry for the video site but I couldn't really find it on youtube.

293ivwp.jpg

The video takes the form of a video game from the point of view of the player. There is a link between this video clip and the experience of relapsing into a drug addiction that Anthony describes in his book, Scar Tissue:

"... The chase is always exciting. There are cops and bad guys and freaks and hookers. You're diving into a big insidious video game, but again, you're being tricked into thinking that you're doing something cool, since the price is always bigger than the payoff. You immediately give up your love and your light and your beauty, and you become a dark black hole in the universe, sucking up bad energy and not walking around putting a smile on someone's face..."

Lots of more info and explanation of all symbols inside the video on Wikipedia

Also, I'd like to apologise to Radiohead for not nominating them.

I will totally take "You Might Think" if MC is giving it up. Did I miss that part? :confused:

Coolness ! :cool: You can use part of the facts I said for the bio if it makes the T10.

My second nomination is:

Californication - Red Hot Chili Peppers

Because I think it's a great and unique concept and The Chilis certainly should be nominated as they made a lot of great music videos.

I'm sorry for the video site but I couldn't really find it on youtube.

Coolness again ! :coolio:

Also, I'd like to apologise to Radiohead for not nominating them.

My favorite videos of theirs are Paranoid Android & Fake Plastic Trees.

Karma Police... meh. It's just of Thom sitting in a car, nothing special from what I've seen, at least compared to their other videos.

the special thing (from my viewpoint) is here, that the viewer takes the place of the driver in said car, while Thom is lazily sitting as a passenger, not even singing the whole song, just the lines "this is what you get when you mess with us" while pursuing that poor fellow ...only to abandon us himself in the time of the biggest need

... I like it :)

I also like some of Beck's and White Stripe's videos, did they get nominated?

me too and nope :crazy: