3. The Boys Are Back in Town - Thin Lizzy

4. Divorce Song - Liz Phair

5. Strong - Robbie Williams

6. Everything Counts - Depeche Mode

7. Sorry - Easybeats

8. I've Been Waiting - Matthew Sweet

9. Konichiwa Bithches - Robyn

10. Feel Good Hit of The Summer - Queens of The Stone Age

Well since nobody else has guessed, and maybe I'm a freak and I love to take tests, sO'll take one wild, last crack at a ???

20. Which of these artists is the only guest musician to ever get a line of dialogue in Buffy the Vampire Slayer?

Boz Scaggs

(just because nobody names their kids 'Boz' anymore!)

wrong or right ... lee, thanx for the tunz!

Well, that's a good guess, J, but not quite the right answer. The one I'm looking for has received (as far as I have noticed) ZERO votes so far. Which surprises me! I could mention that this artist aslo guested on West Wing (not a speaking part, but a playing part). Does that help?

Thanks!!

LB

Edited by Guest

Ohh, so close! The one I'm looking for is indeed a blonde, a singer, a guitarist and a songwriter. But she's a she! And I would have predicted that she'd finish high in this vote, but I'm obviously no soothsayer.

YOu're doing great, J. Thanks!

LBB

btw, for all you Buffy fans, I was seriously sad about having to knock Giles' and Tara's duet from Once More With Feeling out of my fifty nominations.

Anyway, to keep you going, here's another piece of relevant Buffy trivia for you:

What is Oz's greatest ambition in life?

The E flat diminished ninth chord

LBB

11. Which one features five members of the Byrds?

One In A Hundred - Gene Clark - 1970

Absolutely right. Gene Clark - the forgotten Byrd. He was their main writer and their main singer in the very early days, but he gets overlooked compared to, say, Roger McGuinn. Left the band largely because he hated touring (nasty fear of flying), and struck out as a solo artist even though he was making records that were every bit as good as The Byrds'. This song comes from Roadmaster, which is wonderful, and then that album was followed by No Other, epic and bombastic. Fantastic stuff! Sadly, Gene died way too young, having been a sickly lad for years.

btw, there's an Aimee Mann connection there. McGuinn also played on Mann's first solo album, Whatever. That's a nice album, a little more pop than Bachelor No2's rather serious shimmery feel.

Well played!

LBB

See? You don´t even read my posts... :shades: Now you owe another prize for guessing that answer first... but I´ll be glad to share it with the Judge... :beatnik:

Oh Edna! We all know you got that one days ago, but it's good to encourage each and every one of you. Every child receives a prize! And you get a whole bunch of them. I'll have them here at my place ready for you to pick up whenever you like.

Looking forward to seeing you,

Lee.

Edited by Guest

1. Cars - Gary Numan - 1979

2. Evie (part 1) - Stevie Wright - 1974

3. Cherry Bomb - Runaways - 1976

4. Sorry - Easybeats, the - 1966

5. Eleanor Rigby - Zoot – 1970

6. We're All Alone - Boz Scaggs - 1976

7. Feel Good Hit of the Summer - Queens of the Stone Age - 2000

8. The Boys Are Back In Town - Thin Lizzy - 1976

9. Yesterday's Hero - John Paul Young - 1975

10.Tower of song - Leonard Cohen - 1988

I had to leave alot of good songs out, Thanks for the listening experience LeeBB ;)

1. Going Down - Stone Roses, the - 1988

2. Into Your Arms - Lemonheads, the - 1993

3. Alex Chilton - Replacements, the - 1987

4. Friction - Television - 1977

5. Shivers - Boys Next Door, the - 1978

6. Cars - Gary Numan - 1979

7. The Boys Are Back In Town - Thin Lizzy - 1976

8. Cattle And Cane - Go-Betweens, the - 1983

9. Feel Good Hit of the Summer - Queens of the Stone Age - 2000

10. Eleanor Rigby - Zoot - 1970

I've voted... that means you have 24 hours to get yours in, if you haven't already ;)