Travolta's 16 Year Old Son Dies

RonJonSurfer

John Travolta's son dies in BahamasBy Reuters

NASSAU (Reuters) - The teenage son of actor John Travolta died suddenly on Friday during a family vacation in the Bahamas, according to the family's lawyer.

Jett Travolta, 16, suffered a seizure at his family's vacation home at the Old Bahama Bay Hotel on Grand Bahama Island, attorney Michael Ossi said.

Attempts were made to revive him, but he died at the scene, Ossi said.

Jett, who had a history of seizures, was the eldest child of Travolta and his wife, actress Kelly Preston. They also have a daughter, Ella Blue, who was born in 2000.

(Reporting by John Marquis; editing by Jane Sutton and Mohammad Zargham)

Per popeater.com:

"A spokeswoman for the local police said Jett banged his head on a bathtub Friday morning. TMZ broke the story this afternoon and Rand Memorial Hospital confirmed the death.

"At this point, we know that John Travolta and Kelly Preston's only son, Jett, had a seizure at around 10 AM this morning," the family's attorney Michael Ossi told CNN. "All attempts to revive him were unsuccessful."

The Travolta family has long denied rumors that Jett suffered from autism, claiming that the boy instead had Kawasaki Syndrome, an inflammatory disorder of the artery walls which often leads to heart disease. Jett, who had a history of seizures, was the eldest child of Travolta and Preston. The couple also have a daughter, Ella Blue, who is 8."

how sad!! I've read that he had autism... I wonder if that contributed...?

I have Autism Spectrum Disorder, which by the way is the full name of the disability. Seizures aren't something that people like me would have, since I know a lot of people with this disability, and indeed they don't have seizures. Seizures are usually attributed to Epilepsy. Maybe they had Autism Spectrum Disorder and Epilepsy confused with each other.

or, since they denied all along that Autism was what he had, perhaps he really did have what they claimed, Kawasaki Syndrome. I have no idea what that entails... but I've not ever heard of anyone with autism suffering from seizures, so I thought that was odd. Just me thinking aloud.

Regardless, a mother should never have to watch her child die - nor a father - and my heart gives a little sad lurch every time I think about this.