Songs that the singing starts at the same time as the music

evenslimmersladey

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's one I though Martin might get:

Oceans - Pearl Jam (1992)

(Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town would work - except that it isn't a single).

But, it seems that there is one band that has quite a few singles that have vocals and music starting at the same time - Queen!

Save Me

Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy

Don't Stop Me Now

Also, I think about half of Queen's singles have the vocals starting before the music. :)

That's because that video doesn't have very good sound quality. There is also a backing guitar track that is almost impossible to hear in that video, and it starts at exactly the same time as the vocals.

EDIT: Here's a video of half the song with better sound quality: Acquiesce

Edited by Guest

Here's one I though Martin might get:

Oceans - Pearl Jam (1992)

(Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town would work - except that it isn't a single).

I didn't even think of thinking of Pearl Jam songs... good call :thumbsup:

These are a little fudgy, but:

Hey Ya by Outkast

I love the new video feature ( :thumbsup: )

but this one isn't the original, but some cover version?

Some soul faves:

Standing In the Shadows Of Love - The Four Tops

(Stop!) The Love You Save - The Jackson 5

War - Edwin Starr (if you ignore the drum roll)

Say It Loud (I'm Black, I'm Proud) - James Brown

Heart and Soul - the Cleftones

All accumulating here:

http://view.playlist.com/14437973003

LBB

Edited by Guest

"Albini" by Nerve Rack fits the criteria, although it came out on a flex-disc EP, rather than a single, and didn't exactly trouble the charts. Alas, there is no youtube footage of "Albini", but, who knows, maybe one day...

Curiously, in "Albini" the vocals and instruments also end simultaneously, (and somewhat abruptly). Is this some kind of a record?

ACtually, I can deny anything. Those wailing vocals start several seconds before the guitar, at least in that clip. Or am I nuts???

LBB

I don't think Acquiesce fits the bill.

I veto Acquiesce also... the initial vocals aren't really part of Acquiesce the song (you know?) - and even if they are, they start before the guitar (as mentioned).

Why does everone here hate me? :(:P

I guess I'll drop the issue, as the background intro isn't really part of the song...

...But the first backing guitar chord does start at exactly the same time as the backing vocals. It's hard to hear the first guitar chord, but it's there. :wink:

Edited by Guest

Anybody who is desperately keen to hear Nerve Rack's incredible "vocals and music begin and end simultaneously" track, "Albini", can download it HERE

It comes with all the rest of the tracks from the Ablaze flexi as a zipped file, so you need to unzip the file to access the individual tracks. Personally, I find "Life Saver" a more satisfying listening experience than Albini, but maybe that's just me? :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...