Quiz December 2008

Brad_M

Natasha from Edmonton, AB, Canada is this month's quiz winner and will receive a cool and comfortable

SongFacts t-shirt. :coolio:

Here are the answers to the quiz:

1. What band with a female drummer has sold the most albums worldwide since 1990?

The White Stripes - Meg White is the drummer.

2. What song was recorded by Elvis Presley, The Drifters, Neil Diamond, Waylon Jennings and Frank Sinatra?

"Sweet Caroline"

3. What was the first song that was released before 2000 to sell over two million copies on iTunes?

"Don't Stop Believin'" by Journey

4. In the '80s, what artist released two hit U.S. Top-Ten songs that were also the names of movies he starred in?

Prince - "Purple Rain" and "Sign O' the Times"

5. What singer released an album in 2008 titled after her more aggressive alter ego?

Beyonce - "I Am...Sasha Fierce"

6. What Nirvana song mentions two astrological signs in the lyrics?

"Heart-Shaped Box"

"She eyes me like a pisces when I am weak'..., "I wish I could eat your cancer when you turn black"...

7. In what U.S. Hot 100 #1 hit from the '70s is the first word of the lyrics a boy's name?

"Joy To The World" by Three Dog Night - "Jeremiah was a bullfrog"

"Ben" by Michael Jackson - "Ben, the two of us need look no more"

8. What musician performs his hit song with an open flame on his head?

Arthur Brown - "Fire"

You can watch it here:

The Crazy World Of Arthur Brown - "Fire"

9. What famous album by a solo artist showed the singer sitting in a cardboard box?

Signed, Sealed and Delivered by Stevie Wonder

View the album cover here:

Album Cover

Stevie_Wonder_in_box.jpg

10. What popular band from the '00s has a bass player who writes most of their lyrics?

Fall Out Boy - Pete Wentz plays Bass guitar.

Congratulations to Natasha and thanks to all who entered this month's quiz. :thumbsup:

Start off the new year by heading on over to our main page and clicking on the Mighty SongFacts Trivia Quiz link to take the first quiz of 2009.

SongFacts.com :headphones: