Bush gets the "shoe" in Iraq

MindCrime

What if he had thrown hand grenades? Would that make any difference?

Of course it would make a difference. Hand grenades kill or wound severely - how much harm can a shoe do? If he had thrown a hand grenade, his intention would almost certainly have been to try to kill Bush. He knew that a shoe would bruise him at the most, all he wanted to do was express his disgust with Bush's politics, not do serious harm to him. Big difference.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, you may be right. When we found out Hussein wasn't maiming or killing anyone but his own people we should have not put our noses in it and just came back home.

I think we need a few less bleeding hearts here in the U.S. Now everybody hates us :(

I was being just a bit sarcastic. Sorry.

In the very least we did get rid of a major monster for them and at no small cost to anybody. And we did need to stay there long enough to make sure there wasn't another Saddam lurking in the shadows.

I don't like Bush myself. I don't like looking at him, I don't like hearing his voice, and I sure don't like him as my president. But he is, there for I own him some kind of loyalty as a U.S citizen.

But back to the subject. Ya just can't go around throwing things at world leaders and expect nothing to happen to you. It can't even be allowed to get started. Could you imagine the repercussions if nothing was done :o

The message was clear - and he spoke/acted for a lot of people's frustrations .... but nonetheless it was an attack on two heads of state . That may appeal to you impulsive politico fans .

Nonetheless , it was no act of heroism : in a press room where everyone has been screened , etc . It 's the act of a nut under the pretense that he he is serving a better angel or what have you . I'd make sure his journalistic credentials were revoked and he ends up at a trash fill for awhile .

Funny as it may have appeared , this is what the next administration and the present must deal with . Perhaps a little comedy ( in the minds of a number of countries ) is needed in the world chess game , but for those like -minded Middle-Easterners this was no joke ; it was an act of heroism to be built upon - a bit of a frighting thought for those who still wanna play there or elsewhere .

Were President Bush to come by some bizarre chance of fate to my house ,I would show him a sense hospitality ( as he is THe United States of America ), maybe even engage in a disagreement , but we would part as two people who agree to disagree-my slippers firmly on my feet . That was sick when one considers also the blood and treasure that went into this to help d*cks -like the shoe-thrower - express his mind .

That was Bull sh*t - cynically funny bullsh*t , but you get the picture .

Edited by Guest
You crack me up spelling out the entire word and sticking an asterisk in the middle. ;)

Good point.

Imagine this Twilight Zone scenario:

Just as he releases the first shoe, everything goes to slo-mo. The shoe is oh, so, slowly twirling through the air, as the room goes to blur in front of the reporters eyes. As the focus recrystalizes, Bush has been replaced by Saddam Hussein, Maliki replaced by Tarek Assiz and all the reporters are dressed as if 8 years ago in Iraq.

Sensing what he has done and watching the shoe travelling toward a wide-eyed Hussein, we see a close up of the reporter mouthing, "Nnnnnooooooooooo....!"

The message was clear - and he spoke/acted for a lot of people's frustrations .... but nonetheless it was an attack on two heads of state . That may appeal to you impulsive politico fans .

Nonetheless , it was no act of heroism : in a press room where everyone has been screened , etc . It 's the act of a nut under the pretense that he he is serving a better angel or what have you . I'd make sure his journalistic credentials were revoked and he ends up at a trash fill for awhile .

Funny as it may have appeared , this is what the next administration and the present must deal with . Perhaps a little comedy ( in the minds of a number of countries ) is needed in the world chess game , but for those like -minded Middle-Easterners this was no joke ; it was an act of heroism to be built upon - a bit of a frighting thought for those who still wanna play there or elsewhere .

Were President Bush to come by some bizarre chance of fate to my house ,I would show him a sense hospitality ( as he is THe United States of America ), maybe even engage in a disagreement , but we would part as two people who agree to disagree-my slippers firmly on my feet . That was sick when one considers also the blood and treasure that went into this to help d*cks -like the shoe-thrower - express his mind .

That was Bull sh*t - cynically funny bullsh*t , but you get the picture .

Very well put Kevin. I could'nt have said it better myself.

I think the punishment you mentioned would fit the crime as well. The is in line to what I was thinking should befall the guy :thumbsup:

Not everybody. Just all islamic countries. And most of European/Southamerican peasents who blaim it all on the USA -they forget they smoke Marlbooro and wear Levis and all that...- or former hippies who only believe in Castro, Che Chevara and the devil (which, of course, exists and is the US)

Well, that makes sense. After all, the military juntas and the oligarchies of those countries are bought off and funded by the US, so why would they ever speak out against their master? If you're not out there killing and murdering peasants that hate the US, you are screwed in Latin America. No country south of the US has the right to determine their own destiny without the US getting involved in it one way or another through overt acts of terrorism, sabotage, and outright political assassination :beatnik: