Bush gets the "shoe" in Iraq

MindCrime

Walk up to a campus police officer and throw your shoes at his head. See if he treats it as an insult or an attack.

You can downplay the serious nature of the act if that helps your argument, but it still doesn't make it the right way to act...especially for a media professional. Maybe Rolling Stone would have published his article.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, you may be right. When we found out Hussein wasn't maiming or killing anyone but his own people we should have not put our noses in it and just came back home.

I think we need a few less bleeding hearts here in the U.S. Now everybody hates us :(

I think we need a few less bleeding hearts here in the U.S. Now everybody hates us :(

Not everybody. Just all islamic countries. And most of European/Southamerican peasents who blaim it all on the USA -they forget they smoke Marlbooro and wear Levis and all that...- or former hippies who only believe in Castro, Che Chevara and the devil (which, of course, exists and is the US)

Somebody will hate the US no matter what we do.

That´s right. After all, what they want to be is Americans. They are not, so they hate America. Very wise. They forget it´s one of the main cultural epicenter in history, mainly in the XXth Century.

People are very ignorant everywhere.

Yes, you may be right. When we found out Hussein wasn't maiming or killing anyone but his own people we should have not put our noses in it and just came back home.

He was still killing people though, that's like saying Hitler was killing his own people because those Jews were German citizens.

Not everybody. Just all islamic countries. And most of European/Southamerican peasents who blaim it all on the USA -they forget they smoke Marlbooro and wear Levis and all that...- or former hippies who only believe in Castro, Che Chevara and the devil (which, of course, exists and is the US)

Agreed; not everybody hates the US. To be fair, though, there are plenty of decent, civilised modern (non-Islamic, non-hippie) Europeans who would love the opportunity to throw a shoe at George Dubya Bush.

That´s right. After all, what they want to be is Americans. They are not, so they hate America. Very wise.
Is this a personal theory or proveable fact??? There may be studies to support this hypothesis, but it doesn't ring true to me.

They forget it´s one of the main cultural epicenter in history, mainly in the XXth Century.
I think there's a huge distinction to be made between US Government / foreign policy and American culture, especially in terms of their respective impacts on how the US is perceived by others. Either way, it could be argued that the rest of the world gets too much of it. We all get a hefty dose of American culture, whether we like it or not. (I'm quite partial to substantial bits of it, not so keen on many others) It might be argued that the very irresistibility and all-pervasiveness of American culture is a contributary factor to anti-American sentiments, where these occur.