The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #144

Lucky

sf_songfactorschoicetop10.jpg

The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #144 for the week ending 7th December 2008

1. Orange Crush - R.E.M. (1988)

2. At Seventeen - Janis Ian (1975)

3. Keep The Customer Satisfied - Simon & Garfunkel (1970)

4. Down To Zero - Joan Armatrading (1976)

5. Rapture - Blondie (1981) 

6. Shangri-La - The Kinks (1969)

7. Boys Don't Cry - The Cure (1979)

8. Miracles - Jefferson Starship (1975)

9. Keep On Running - Spencer Davis Group (1965)

10. New York, New York - Frank Sinatra (1980)

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was surprised 4. Down To Zero - Joan Armatrading even made the list. I didn't think it was getting many votes at all. I guess that's what I get for thinking :smirk:

To bad Jeff Healey didn't get any votes except for mine. He was a very talented man so I won't be giving up on him :D

That others that won, are good :thumbsup:

No... who...? where? you mean my dear friend Old55? :shades:

Well, there are probably lots of disloyal Australians around, but in this case I'm talking about me. Hey St Peter isn't really one of my fave songs, and cerainly not one of my fave Vanda & Young moments. Putting aside all the obvious early AC/DC, I'd go for "Evie (Part One)". I'll be nominating it soon...

LBB

MC, this is SF. Don't take anyone seriously! :laughing:

I think the week's nominations overall were relatively weak; but I think it allowed some songs to get their due that otherwise might not have. I had 5 songs I voted for get in, including 1 current nom & 1 former nom; so I have to say I'm pleased. :)

Yes, the Ten is just ok with me this time as well. I'm very happy with 3 of the songs that made it, and happy that Frank made it (though I'd be happier with a different song).

Like Tim, there's one song I absolutely can't stand. (I'll give you a hint.... it's the same song). :P