Has anyone ever heard of Woodstock Festival?

Bucksfan_Margo

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

How can someone NOT have heard of Woodstock? Even if you weren't alive then (such as myself), it's such a pivotal moment in our culture socially, not just musically, that being ignorant of it seems almost criminal.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I agree with you, it' s just the passion in your post that makes me laugh... :cool:

• 1 month later...

Woodstock the DVD introduced me to my favourite band :cool:

Although Woodstock is not so well known in the UK my parents told me about it, and like you it introduced me to some of my favourite artists like Janis Joplin and Jimmy Hendrix unfortunately they both were lost to the world of music the next year to drug over doses, they sounded totally amazing at Woodstock, and still do today.

• 2 weeks later...

Mr. Crime; as old as I am I would've been approximately nine years' old @ the time of the greatest concert EVER.

Not an excuse, just factual.

I would most certainly be interested in hearing or reading ;) some stories of "Songfactors" that made it to Woodstock (Circa 1969)

A lot happened!

Thanks, Edna, for the links!

Bluesy, as always, you're in my highest of regards, namely, because you're honest. (not to mention the wonderful compilation of "blues" I was so fortunate to receive from you many "blue" moons ago)

I, too, have talked to many that have claimed to have witnessed Woodstock.

Some that have claimed to me that have seen it weren't even born yet!

;)

:D

I'd have been 14 years old, and living in Califonia. Blues' and I have talked about this. Do you know that for most of us on the other side of the country we weren't even aware the festival was happening, until it was over? Bluesy was 18, and most certainly could have been there ... but was not. Possibly bazooka, and Jim in PA would have been in the correct area of the country, but RonJon would've been younger than me, so I doubt it. I think Darryl is the only other one old enough to have been there. Yah, I can imagine Old55 at Woodstock. :D

Has anyone else seen the bit on the news about the famous embracing couple from the soundtrack's cover? They are still married with children this many years later, and presumably very happily. What a memory, and lifelong symbol of their love, having that picture. They have it blown up & hanging on the wall of their home.