Has anyone ever heard of Woodstock Festival?

Bucksfan_Margo

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmmm...The Uncle remembers it?....well then he wasn't there.... :jester:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Woodstock is the equivalent in rock of what The Vatican means to Christianity...

Edit: no offense... :bow:

Edited by Guest
don´t want to hurt anybody´s feelings...

You all quit it. ;)

Margo, they're having fun with you. Read the links given to you by Laurie & Viaene.

To be succinct, Woodstock was an event whose influence on the music scene, as well as on modern culture can probably still be felt today. It would serve you well to research it yourself, and then come back & ask the questions you may have about it. It really is something that everyone should have some knowledge of.

Crosby, Stills, Nash were pretty awesome with "Suite Judy Blue Eyes"...check it out.

It was their first performance as CS&N!! :cool: Just listen to what they say at the beginning...

The Who did "Tommy" (for the first time?) and Jefferson Airplane was great too. Just youtube for Woodstock 1969 and you´ll find lots of gems.

No to talk about Jimi Hendrix... or Santana... or Mountain...

My uncle told me that it was like the most amazing concert he's ever been to. He fell in love with Creedence Clearwater Revival and Sly & the Family Stone on that night.

Can any "sage" here tell me what was so special about it? My uncle didn't really explain what that is clearly to me.

Damn public schools. Where are their priorities? :o

When I was a kid, every summer my family would go visit my grandparents in Woodstock, Illinois. Quaint little rural town north of Chicago, near Lake Geneva. I loved the bucolic mood I always felt while walking the "downtown" square with its grassy park and band pavillion in the center. But, the elders of Woodstock would never consider having any concerts that incorporated musical instruments that required electricity. So I doubt that was the place to which your uncle was referring.

I came upon a child of God.

He was walking along the road,

And I asked him, "Tell me, where are you going?"

And this he told me:

He said, "I'm going down to Yasgur's Farm.

I'm going to join in a rock 'n' roll band.

I'm going to get back to the land

And get my soul free."

• 3 months later...

Margo,

I see this a cold thread at this date, but I just happened by it and thought I might add my two cents worth anyway..

I was at Woodstock in 1969. And yes I do remember alot of it because I was only 12 yrs old at the time.

The town of Woodstock,NY. was not host to this concert. It happened on a farm near White Lake, NY. in the Catskill Mts, just outside the town of Bethel. I think the closest big town to that area is Montecello, NY.

Anyway here is a link to the official web site for anyone thats interested:

http://www.woodstock69.com/

Jim

Edited by Guest

Woodstock, to me, is the foundation of all the rock-n-roll bands which followed. It definitely had the best rendition of "The Star Spangled Banner" I've ever heard.

Wait a minute, isn't a woodstock the contraption they used to lock criminals in outside the town square for public derision and tomato throwing?

:D