Françoise Hardy

"Tous les garçons et les filles"

"Comment te dire adieu"

"Soleil"

Serge Gainsbourg

"L´Accordéon"

"Je suis venu te dire que je m´en vais"

"Comic Strip" (with Brigitte Bardiot)

Brezilian pop (I leave bossa nova to RonSteel... ;) )

"Mutante" - Rita Lee

"Namoradinha dun amigo meu" - Roberto Carlos

Italian pop: Adriano Celentano

"Azzurro"

Mina:bow:

"Un anno d´amor"

and now, my fave Spanish band, I was their manager when they started with another band and name, they were kids... 30 years ago... one of them was a very close friend of mine. I just love them... :bow: :bow:"Falsas Costumbres" - Alaska y Dinarama

I know, it´s old music. The newest is Alaska y Dinarama:bow: :bow: but it´s from 1985.

Lea - if not for Martin's and Radhi's suggestions for the interview, I would never have known this song existed, but it's hauntingly gorgeous.

Hoppipola - We Are Scientists (originally by Sigur Ros, but I like this version better!)

Keith Murray of We Are Scientists, who I interviewed and asked him about this, said he has no clue what the song's about, and sang it strictly phonetically.

great song :bow:

from songfacts:

Georg Holm explained on musicomh.com the meaning of "Hoppipolla": "We like to play with words a lot, put two words together for example, and make a new word out of it. It means jumping into puddles. It should be two words but it's almost like a name now. The lyrics describe an atmosphere, a memory or something, like being a kid jumping into puddles, falling down and getting a nosebleed, getting back up... It doesn't really matter when you're a kid."

:)

let's not forget the Swedish music by ABBA. ;)

yeah, but they seldom sung IN Swedish ;)

same with Daft Punk

Edited by Guest

Wow you guys did a good job :D I went from about 15 songs on my YT foreign music play list to over sixty :thumbsup:

I have about 2 hours to myself today so I will be listening to as many as I can. Some of the artists I have heard of but most of them I haven't.

Thank you all for helping out. I will let you all know which one I decide to get and put on CD :D

I knew you guys would be the ones to ask. You all have such great taste in music :thumbsup:

I can't translate Jogi into English very well, though I can understand it when I hear it. If that makes sense :crazy: I'd just like to add that it's really strange to me to see you foreign types listening to bhangra :D :D

In the meantime, a couple of my favourites are Didi by Khaled (from Algeria, I think), Sayonee by Junoon (Pakistan), and Dhoom and Maaeri by Euphoria (India).

I suggest watching the videos if you can (which is why I gave the links) because I think they kinda add to the song, especially when you don't understand the language :)

There are quite a few others I like or have liked, but they're not on youtube and I've never been able to track them down online. I used to have them on tape but they're gone now :(

The Pakistani music scene is way better than the Indian one, imo:

Nazia Hassan is a Pakistani singer who died of cancer at a rather young age. A very nice voice... this is her reworking an of old Hindi film song together with Biddu - a music producer.

Boom Boom

It is as much 90s nostalgia to me as Tom's Diner :D

dEUS

The Architect

Suds & Soda

Instant Street

Admiral Freebee

Rags and Run

Einstein Brain

Oh Darkness

Absinthe Minded

My Heroics (Part 1)

De Mens

In een kamer in Amsterdam

Wiskunde

Gorki

Mia

TriggerFinger

Is It

Short term memory love

Soon

First Taste

The BlackBox Revelation

I think I like you

Gravity Blues

Kill for peace (and peace will die)

(some artists are hard to find on youtube, I can send you some more if you want)

Wow you guys really know your stuff. I will listen to the ones I haven't had time for tomorrow I hope. I had company all day today so no pc playing.

I will check out all the links and I may have to make more then one cd :D A lot of the stuff you guys have posted is just great. I love it.

Thank you all :bow:

and since you liked that Grönemeyer song so much:

from the same album

Der Weg

with a very nice translation

background: in 1998 he lost both his brother and his wife to cancer within 2 days, after that he went into a sort-of seclusion until he made this album in 2002... which became his most succesful one

I thought there was a very deep sadness to this song. It touches me very deeply. It's in his voice not so much the lyrics. I just love it but it makes me feel so... :puppyeyes:

Edited by Guest