Concierto de Aranjuez by Joaquín Rodrigo

Viaene

Hi folks

I'm looking for A song by a Spanish (or maybe Italian) composer. As far as I know it's classical music or modern classical music. I heard it on the radio and it somehow sounded familiar thanks to the 3 opening notes. I've been looking for this for a few moths now, but recently I got a breakthrough:

The first 3 notes are almost exactly the same as the fist guitar notes of "3:10 to Yuma (Main Theme)" a song by Marco Beltrami.

you can listen to it here:

http://www.deezer.com/#music/album/175111 number 21 on the album. The note I'm referring to start at 24 seconds.

Thanks!

Edited by Guest
Thanks!

Lee, tks for putting it up. It is beautiful.

No problem, Karma, although I can't take credit for putting it up on Youtube. If you like the piece, I would suggest you look for Julian Bream, John Williams or one of the other classical guitar gods, and definitely the Miles Davis version for a contrast. The whole Miles Davis/Gil Evans period is pretty wonderful.

See ya,

LB

The Doors, Yes and others I cannot recall right now have found some inspiration in The Concierto de Aranjuez. I don´t like Spanish music but that´s classic music, it has nothing to do with folklore. It´s one of the greatest guitar plays ever. And one of the most famous in the world. :bow: :bow: :bow: