cirque du soleil

Prospect151

does anyone know the lyrics, if they exist, to songs like "A Tale" from La Nouba and "Egypte" from Egypte? There are some english spoken parts which I acknowledge, but there are more strange sounding "words" being spoken. Sometimes I can make out a little French, but perhaps someone knows all of what they are saying.

"A Tale" - From the album "La Nouba"

I begin a tale

with a breath I inhale

And cast a spell

Use the words to propel

Set you assail

To a place where dreams of men dwell

Nightmares efficiently await

To test one's faith

By how well

You can deal with a tail

That tells itself

Said the storyteller

A best seller is what I have in mind

Ladies and gentlemen

Settled in one uppon a time

Is where you'll find me

La Nouba.

FYI - "Cirque du Soleil" translated from French means "Circus of the Sun." - However, Cirque is anything but a traditional circus. It is a combustible combination of circus and theatrical presentation combining elements of modern dance, staging, humor, music, and acrobatic stunts. The experience of a Cirque Du Soleil live performance is said to be intriguing, thought provoking, enchanting and mesmerizing.

~ Mike

I think Cirque du Soleil is amazing! I've seen La Nouba and Dralion and am looking forward to the chance to see another. I think the words you're looking for may not exist... I found this description of the La Nouba music on the Cirque du Soleil website:

The full La Nouba musical score is a collection of fast-paced melodies with a modern urban edge. Vocals are sung in an imaginary and mysterious language, unique to Cirque du Soleil.

I'll let you know if I am able to find out anything more about their "imaginary and mysterious language." :)