The Hives

FailureByDesign

A new punk rock band??? They use studio effects to sound garage, and did I say they are new??? I don't think I should like this, BUT I DO!!! These guys rock. Maybe punk ain't that dead after all.

...3 songs later, maybe they are not that 'studio' at all. Thanx for the call. :rockon:

I actually do like The Hives. I would only call their sound punk rock influenced. Punk is dead, has been since 79'. It was just a scene that happened in a certain place during a certain time, and won't ever happen again.

Is anyone else repulsed by Ashley Simpson wearing a shirt that says "Punk" in glittery pink?

I actually do like The Hives. I would only call their sound punk rock influenced. Punk is dead, has been since 79'. It was just a scene that happened in a certain place during a certain time, and won't ever happen again.

There was and still is a Punk grouping with the whole D.I.Y attitude towards their music, so it doesn't get exposed further than the gigs they do and the albums they sell at the shows or by mail order. What you see on TV and hear on most Rock stations is not Punk by a long shot. College radio will play Punk, but, again, that will only reach a very limited crowd.

Is anyone else repulsed by Ashley Simpson wearing a shirt that says "Punk" in glittery pink?

I'm repulsed by Ashley Simpson, period.

Oh and I found the whole Tyrannosaurus Hives album and yes it's not pure punk, still pretty cool. I found some older songs that sound very punk like 'Because I wanna', 'Main Offender', and 'Hate to Say I Told You So'. I guess they are going more mainstream, like many others.

I hate the modern excuse for punk. For me, I don't judge a group by the kind of music they play. If it comes to be that I don't like a certain style of music (ie. rap, emo..) then I won't listen to any band that labels themselves that way. But if I hear a band that has so many styles, that don't really fit into one category, I will respect them more. As for the Hives, I wonder how big they will make it. I don't recall hearing about them until this forum.