What Are You Smoking Or Taking?

TheLizard

I've had way worse experiences with alcohol than with weed.

I think people grow out of it because it's kind of an "immature" thing to do. Laughing, eating like a pig, the things you do while stoned wouldn't be considered very professional or adult-like.

Of course, in some societies, it's considered perfectly legitimate for adults to smoke pot, typically in places like Tofino where lots of hippies live.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my case, the first experience with weed (and not everyone's first try at getting high is impactful, even effective or correctly accomplished and thereby disappointing) was so eye-opening and diametrically opposite of anything I had encountered in my young life, that it really had a powerful - and to a degree positive - impact on me! But as I formulated later, nearly all subsequent events involving its use were diminished attempts to achieve that initial feeling of hyper-worldliness. Each subsequent event seemed ever so slightly more jaded and slightly less impactful. (I can understand how people continually must add to the high producing endeavor - more and more exotic treatments to the process - in order to get back to a "vestigial high.")

Where its effects initially acted as a form of creative generation, eventually being high became a platform upon which to sit withdrawn and view the creativity of others, my own becoming secondary. Reverie and creativity were at odds; and to a creative person, this is a bit like impairment and I always said I would never willingly do a drug that impaired me.

I have gotten high maybe once a year since my 20's, if the occasion presented itself. I got high with my adult son for the first time when I was in the states a year and a half ago. We felt it a unique - but far from exclusive - bonding experience. But overall, no more is weed a big deal and I much prefer the intrigue, excitement and flavorings of reality awareness. If I have to leave and go somewhere else, in order to escape the bad in life, I can have no influence on forging the better.

So, that previously aforementioned someone from the other thread .... is hooked up to a PCA (patient controlled analgesia) machine. That means every 10 minutes he can "hit the button" and give himself a dose of powerful painkillers.

For someone with the potential to at the least very "cranky" from the pain of a serious operation, he seems to be one happy guy this morning. ;)

Those machines are a wonderful thing. :D

Gateway CC. It's the only one on AZ that has a court reporting program... which also happens to be the best in the nation. :grin:

And no way am I making it there today. If I tried to drive now as tired as I am, I'd be a hazard, and then it wouldn't do me any good trying to do speed-building, because I'd be fighting sleep.

I wish I was not here right now. Maybe Hennessey would do me. I've taken an ambien, 4 tylenol PMs, and 2 over-the-counter sleep meds. And I'm still awake. At this rate I'll never make school at 6 a.m.

Can you say overkill? Jeeminy Christmas girl, what in he double hockey sticks are you trying to do?! If the ambien isn't working, tell your doctor, there are other things. You may have become resistant to the ambien. 4 tylenol pms & 2 additional OTC sleep preparations isn't such a good idea. If you need someting in addition, try just taking Benadryl. Benadryl won't hurt you, and it is the ingredient in all those other things that puts you to sleep. :P

But more than anything else ... call your doctor.

If the ambien isn't working, tell your doctor, there are other things. You may have become resistant to the ambien.

Hey, Shawna, Lucky is so right... :P I know what I´m talking about, believe me... it´s time to try something else. I´ve known someone taking 20 pills of Ambien per day, and the first one was just to get up in the morning and be able to face the facts...

thank you all for being concerned. :) it's wholly unnecessary. I can see if I took that on a daily basis, or even on a weekly basis, but I don't. Only once in a great while when I'm stressing and have a lot on my mind - those are the times that no sleep meds singularly or combination thereof seem to help.

I promise to not do that again. As cute as Heath Ledger was, I'd have rather met him on this plane. :)

P.S. 20 ambien a day? I once took two 5-miligram ambiens, and it made me sick for 2 days. I can't even fathom the amount of resistence your body would have to have to take a load like that. :crazy:

Edited by Guest