Quick question about the Beatles

Bucksfan_Margo

• 2 weeks later...

they wrote and performed some amazing songs and that´s why they are famous. Whatever such popular people would do would become trendy...

... like Transcendental Meditation and their guru Maharishi Mahesh Yogi.

Lennon & McCartney's songwriting! They are especially significant pioneers as pop artists who composed their own material.

• 2 weeks later...

They (The Beatles) fled performing live and retreated to the studio to record songs so intricate that they (at the time) could not be reproduced in a concert situation...and in realizing the limitations of the live performance, they were able to move upward in creativity. Of course, it had to fall apart...implied leadership left a lot of hard feelings and burned bridges.

Even though they "broke up" during '69 and '70, other bands contiued playing what seemed to me to be "Beatles Music"...not any copywrite infringement, but a borrowing of their methods, chord changes, song structure in general kept bands like Electric Light Orchestra gigging for the next ten or fifteen years...they had to tour , though

I think that Steely Dan is the only other band I can recall from that era that never toured in support of a new album...and yes, I'm aware that they tour now, but these days the price tends to start in the ballpark of $150 a pop....to the road, indeed

Yes...The Beatles...famous for being famous....I just hate that the music is lost on so many.....same as it ever was...nothing new under the sun...sun...sun...here it comes

I fully agree that a $100 Steely Dan concert would is well worth the price...but the bulk of concerts I attended (at least 200 between 1974 & 1982, almost all featuring at least three popular bands), most all shows were general admission with a ticket costing between $7 and $15...and no Steely Dan tours...they never had to pimp their albums, and the gigs were not lucrative enough to lure studio rats onto the road.

Now, if one wishes to see a good tooth pickin', save your money and hang somewhere they serve corn on the cob :laughing:

...oh...reguarding Elvis...he's not racist...mistah Elvis...he dead :afro:

• 10 years later...

On Paul McCartney's song Admiral Haisely/Uncle Albert.....the track where he sings "Land across the water "wa-ter".... what vocal effect is he using on that one word " wa-ter" ? Sounds like a pebble dropping in water a unusual vocal effect. I've been trying to find info on it.. I write songs myself and I'm  in dire need to get info....