Andere Sprachen

Tony Baloni

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there differences in the characters used for Asian languages, or are they different just in the way they are used? Is there an easy way to tell one from the other?

It entirely depends on the language, most of them have different scripts. And most of them use completely different characters from the other Asian languages. What do you mean by telling one from the other? One character, or one language?

And not all Asian languages use symbols, actually only a minority do. Most of them use letters just like we do, they just look different.

I heard somewhere that there is no written language for the original Native American languages, that it's all memorized sounds. Anyone know if that's true?

I don't know if it's true for all of them, but it is true for some.

There was no writing system for the Inuit languages, for instance... and it took white missionaries to invent one. Actually it's a lot more than one, they use several scripts for different languages.

Edited by Guest
not just one writing system

I know they don't all, I mean the ones that do.

I guess I mean like you and I use the same alphabet. Arabic languages use the same "alphabet". In the Asian cultures that use characters rather than letters are they the same?

Edit: you've sort of answered that question. I just don't remember anything I ever learned about this subject. It would have been in grade school. :P

Edited by Guest