AC/DShe - Lock up your Sons!

bazooka

• 4 weeks later...

en05a.jpg

AC/DShe is an " all-girl tribute to Bon Scott-era AC/DC". They played the local county fair, so I wasn't expecting more than gimmicky watered-down covers.

Surprise! Their playing and their show-womanship is impeccable.

If they hit your neighborhood, get ready for TNT.

Smart gals. I don't believe any male could pull off Scott's

distinct vocals but a female has the advantage and probably could. AC/DC's music, IMO, is the easiest to play and make a buck off of.

I'm still waiting for something original. Imitation is the most sincerest form of flattery but it is also the most profound form of the lack of creativity.

I've never been fond of those riding the coat tails of others and profiting from it. AC/Dshe is one band I'll not pay for. If they ever play across the street from me, for free, I might check 'em out.

As much as I like Elvis, I'd never pay to see an impersonator.

Next time one wonders why nothing original has happened since Alice in Chains, just think about AC/Dshe and you'll have your answer.

AC/Dshe is one band I'll not pay for. If they ever play across the street from me, for free, I might check 'em out.

As much as I like Elvis, I'd never pay to see an impersonator.

I neglected to mention that, like nearly all the music shows at this County Fair, the AC/DShe performance was free. I doubt one their performances will ever cost more than a small cover charge.

To me this "tribute" band was just goofy good and slightly cheesy fun. The icing on the cake was that these girls put on a fantastic show.

A few years back I saw a number of Elvis Impersonators in part of an all-day marathon (likewise, free). Of course, each had some different gimmick or "take" on the King. Since I wasn't taking this too seriously, it was great entertainment to judge the nuances of various interpretations.