Cornell Against Zep tour

RonJonSurfer

Cornell Slams Led Zeppelin Reunion

The "Kashmir" hitmakers announced last month that they plan to hit the road in 2009 without Plant, who has opted out of the reunion tour.

Rocker Chris Cornell has labeled Led Zeppelin's decision to reunite without frontman Robert Plant "depressing".

The "Kashmir" hitmakers announced last month that they plan to hit the road in 2009 without Plant, who has opted out of the reunion tour.

Former Audioslave and Soundgarden singer Cornell was subsequently forced to dismiss reports that he has been in talks with the legendary band to take over the role.

And Cornell is adamant that he would never have agreed to replace Plant - because most fans don't want to see the group with another frontman.

He says, "I would never do anything like that whether I were approached or not. It just doesn't make any sense to me at all. I would not want to go see me performing Led Zeppelin songs with the two other guys that used to be in a band called Led Zeppelin while Robert Plant is out somewhere touring.

"That's not a ticket I would buy. God bless 'em, but that's not Led Zeppelin. I find it completely depressing. I'd never do anything like that. I mean just out of respect to the legacy of the band."

Copyright World Entertainment News Network 2008

I'm not sure if musicians get into it for the money. Although the potential is there, the reality of making a lot of money is very slim. I guarantee that once they become successful, they stay in it for the money.

I don't blame any musician or band for capitalizing on their success. Tour as long as people will pay for a ticket. Sell your songs for commercials. Do whatever you want with your product.

Is it better to burn out or to fade away?

I don't think musicians start doing music because of the money... in most cases the opposite would be true...

BUT, I do think that once they reach a certain status of prestige (...and income) they'll do very much to maintain that status... - and that's not only true for them, but for people in general

another thought, maybe they're not doing it for the money, but for being loved by hundred thousands of fans?

probably a mixture of both ;)

Honestly I don't care if a band wants to make money or not. I'm not questioning the bands, I'm only pointing out the hypocrisy of the fans. If a baby boomer is complaining about Lil Wayne doing anything for money, they better be complaining about Zep and the Stones as well. But of course they aren't, because everyone knows the manufactured products of their childhood were way more artistically legitimate than the manufactured products of today.